|Kardes Turkuler / Hemavaz|
|Artist:||Kardes Turkuler||Added:||May 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-06-30||Pull Date:||2003-09-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 24||Aug 17||Aug 10||Aug 3||Jul 27||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jul 6|
|1.||Dec 13, 2018:||Hanging in the bone yard |
|4.||Nov 06, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Oct 05, 2016:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Aug 25, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Manaki Mu/Ben Kendimi...
|3.||May 08, 2012:||Mediterraneans |
|6.||Jun 20, 2009:||Music Casserole |
Seriously cool music from Turkey. Soaring vocals, a mix of traditional and contemporary instruments (all extremely well-played), catchy rhythms with much emphasis on percussion. Unfortunately the notes are in Turkish so there’s not much info. It’s very dramatic, with many layers of sounds that work together well and varying tempos/melodies that keep things interesting. One star for each track – this is great stuff.|
1. Energetic, uptempo w/great percussion & vocals.
2. Dramatic male chorus and lots of percussion.
3. Mid-tempo w/emotional male vocalist & good use of band.
4. Dramatic a capella intro, then a lively dance.
5. Upbeat w/ a fun vocal interplay and great orchestration.
6. Slower and dramatic w/cool female vocals.
7. Mid-tempo dance, fem.vox, mix of bellydance/klezmer sound
8. Episodic, dramatic vox, varying tempos, like a mini-opera.
9. Slow & spare, chants w/minimal orch. More lively after 3:30.
10. Mid/up-tempo w/a contemporary folk dance-ish feel.
11. Almost new-agey instrumental, then kind of dark vocals.
12. Rounds of chants, then a lively dance, great energy.
|1.||Sah-I Merdan||7.||Gulusun Gulden Guzel|
|3.||O Yani Pembe||9.||Silemano|
|4.||Cukhdag Mom||10.||Bugun Guzellerin Sahini...|
|5.||Sukar Sukar||11.||Siya Wan/Voghperk|
|6.||Manaki Mu/Ben Kendimi...||12.||Elo Dino|