THIS FUCKING ROCKS!!! Produced by Ian MacKaye, Washington, DC’s Black Eyes make music with funky basslines reminiscent of Fugazi and Gang of Four, screechy no wave guitar, and relentless vocal yells worthy of comparison to Bikini Kill. The band consists of 2 bassists, 2 drummers, and 1 guitarist. Vocals are a combination of the speak-yell of other Dischord bands and ruthless grrrl screams sung by a guy. Harsh, catchy, and artsy, this is some hot shit. Think also of Liars. Play, play, play! 1, 7, 10, 2, 6.
1. rockin’ with distorted harmonics-laden guitars + yelling male vocals
2. FCC, but rocks the fuck out. all out assault with vicious male vox
3. midtempo groovin’ bassline, echoey vocals.
4. midtempo. catchy, simple bass progression. Vocals not as harsh.
5. overdriven drums, really cool no wave-influenced guitar.
6. FCC, persistent screechy whiny vocals over funky bassline. great!
7. uptempo, supercatchy sarcastic pop. boy/”girl” screams.
8. midtempo groove with persistent yelling vocal duet. Go4.
9. the most abstract track. percussion, echo repetitive vocal melodies.
10. catchy and head boppin’, hard as shit chaotic yells. fuck yeah!