|Mono / One Step More and You Die|
|Album:||One Step More and You Die||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Arena Rock Recording Co.|
|Add Date:||2003-06-30||Pull Date:||2003-09-01|
|Week Ending:||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul|
|1.||Tue, 25 Feb 14:||aj|
Setting Fire to the Lab
|4.||Wed, 02 Mar 11:||DJ Truc|
Hipster Garbage: Drone Zone
|2.||Thu, 05 Apr 12:||aj|
The Fall of Math
|5.||Thu, 06 May 10:||Adam|
Icecaps of White Noise
|3.||Tue, 31 Jan 12:||dj noname|
the gilded youth
|6.||Tue, 07 Jul 09:||dj noname|
Hipster Garbage (Vicodin Music Hour)
Sad and beautiful instrumental post-rock done really well. This Japanese quartet (different from the other Mono) writes songs where textures are built with sweet guitar tunes that climax into shimmering and tremulous walls of sound. Though it’s a simple formula to follow, few bands do it with enough heart and balls. I went through a Mogwai obsession phase, and this would have fit neatly into it, appropriate and very worthy. Deep, expansive, gorgeous. 1, 2, 3, 5. |
1. slow, luscious cello and guitars. thickens with bass, xylophones.
2. slow guitars with hard drums. epic wall of sound section at end.
3. guitar with echoey guitar solo. drums come in midway. deep, man.
4. detuned synth and piano.
5. sad guitar with climactic wall of sound at end.
6. hard drums + slow guitar melody. strings come midway & takeover.
7. slow, hard groove with tremoloey, echoey guitar drone. breaks out.
8. backwards guitars and synth, detuned like track 4.
|1.||Where Am I||5.||A Speeding Car|
|4.||Mopish Morning, Halation Wip||8.||Giant Me on the Other Side|