|Virginia Creeper / Live with Noise or Die with Mu|
|Album:||Live with Noise or Die with Mu||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Desert Poodle Records|
|Add Date:||2003-12-22||Pull Date:||2004-02-23|
|Week Ending:||29 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||4 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 10 Oct 09:||Eme O|
|4.||Mon, 23 Feb 04:||Geoff|
The Digital/Analog War
|2.||Mon, 06 Sep 04:||The KZSU Allstars|
Short Song Marathon--Tom, Mr. Sparkle, and Mor fill in
|5.||Mon, 26 Jan 04:||Geoff|
The Digital/Analog War
|3.||Wed, 01 Sep 04:||Mr. Sparkle|
mr. sparkle challenge
|6.||Thu, 22 Jan 04:||Mr. Sparkle|
Mr. Sparkle Challenge
Virginia Creeper "Live with Noise, or Die with Music" - This is some really interesting noise/experimental music. It ranges from industrial sounding electronica to rock to looped up sounds to outright noise. There is plenty of droning and a general dark feel to this, but most tracks tend to fall more towards being songs than simply noise. You'll also find a lot of voice samples that are often sped up or slowed down. There is a lot of variety on here so check it out if you're feeling adventurous.|
My Picks: 2, 9, 11
Katie P. 12/10/03
1) Fades in with droning that has a metallic quality to it. Guitar comes in with a sinister feel. Instrumental.
2) Sped-up voice that reiterates the same thing over and over. Very weird. Another voice added that is slow and talking as if at the office on the phone maybe. Some droning in the background. Whoa, this is so odd.
3) Abrupt changes in sound about every 10 seconds from rock music, to electronica, to percussion, to basic noises and sounds. Holds on to some constant feel for the last minute. Instrumental.
4) Slow and droning. Guitar with electronic drums and a lot of fuzzy background noise. Instrumental.
5) Starts with voice sample into a drum beat. Solid midtempo. Female vocals humming on top. A bunch of slowed down disconnected voice samples near the end. Fcc: says "fuck."
6) Fades in slowly with wind sounds and bells. Some more percussion is added slowly. Builds and then backs off several times. Has a very desolate feel to it (like an abandoned industrial town).
7) Starts with metallic sounds (like scraping that's been sampled and looped). Then some other banging noises that are also looped. Voice on top, noises end, then voice fades and more loops of bells begin. This is pretty neat although quite minimal.
8) Sounds like a phone message. "I need that freakin' money!"
9) Simple guitar with heavy reverb and children playing in the background. Nice.
10) Fades in with electronic noises, blips, blurps, and beats. Faster midtempo beat. Instrumental.
11) Fades in slowly then you start to hear a man talking on the phone with some heavy reverb and echoing. Then the beats come in and fade out.
12) Fades in with drones and percussive hits that have a lot of vibrato. Instrumental.
13) Heavy pounding electronic percussion with some more lighthearted keyboard and droning fuzzed out guitar. Instrumental.
14) Fades in with a pulsing sound and then some other electronic percussion and noises. Dirty raw and angry noises near the end. Fades into next track. Instrumental.
15) Fades from previous track. Drones and droning voices that say "Ummm" over and over. Weird.
16) Very quiet for about 10-20 seconds. Then a male voice comes in singing "Nights in White Satin" in a slowed-down recording. This is highly weird.
|1.||Clarity||9.||Fahey De Stijl 2|
|2.||A Good Corporation||10.||Nicotine Knockhockey|
|3.||Potuguese Pinball||11.||I'll Sign Off on that|
|5.||Okay, Who's the Guy?||13.||S|
|6.||Circadian Schisms||14.||Dedication: Silence|
|8.||Money||16.||More than My Mom|