|Aluminum Babe / Aluminum Babe|
|Artist:||Aluminum Babe||Added:||Jun 2003|
|Label:||Mother West Records|
|Add Date:||2003-06-23||Pull Date:||2003-08-25||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Aug 17||Jul 6||Jun 29|
|1.||Aug 13, 2003:||Bite and Hide |
|4.||Jun 26, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|2.||Jun 30, 2003:||Radio Red Well |
|5.||Jun 25, 2003:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Jun 28, 2003:||On The Warpath |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Wow, nice! Sraight up garage-punk rock with enticing (make that excellent) melodic/dreamy pop-punk grrrl vocals. This is very much like the Rondelles meet local punk band the Tramps. If all pop-punk sounded like this, the world would be a better place. Excellent EP! All good. Take your pick. Tracks 1, 4, 3 are my faves.|
1. Bouncy chord changes, raw guitars, sexy oh-oh...oh yeah...a-a-ha's on vocals. Love when the drums drop out for a short bass/guitar intermission.
2. Pop-punk riff dominates. "I want you, I need you all over me" she sings.
3. French vocals and lyrics. Sexy! Rawks out. Very fast and in your face!
4. Bouncy solo drum intro. Very bouncy, very fast. Vocals follow in rhythmic speed and act as a rhythmic/melodic instrument in themselves. Shit, this woman is so vocally right on!!!
5. "Why are you so mean to me?". Copies early Beatles (twist and shout) in vocals.