|Various Artists / Bay Area Electronic V1|
|Album:||Bay Area Electronic V1||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-08-22||Pull Date:||2005-10-24||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||16 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug|
|1.||Thu, 22 Nov 07:||Djripridah|
RipRidah Radio Thanksgiving
|4.||Wed, 12 Oct 05:||Red West|
Eels in the Loo
|2.||Thu, 05 Oct 06:||Natalie|
At Your Local Dive
|5.||Sat, 24 Sep 05:||Sunshine|
|3.||Wed, 12 Oct 05:||BluJi|
|6.||Mon, 12 Sep 05:||Princess D|
Plastic Fantastic Lover
A collection of local electronica, electro-lounge and techno music. Considering the fact that it's a compilation of various artists, it is surprising how similar are the styles- somewhat monotonous, pretty dark and spacey/trippy. Nevertheless, a few tracks stand out. My picks are 9,10, 12 and especially 14.|
1. A calm electronic piece. Maybe too calm.
2. Midtempo, steady bit, calm piece with some added guitars, darbucas, and other mid-eastern touches.
3. Spacey mid-tempo house.
4. Glitch and drums.
5. Glitchy lounge with female vox
6. Electric piano (a cembalo sound) and synth techno. Dark.
7. Slow and monotonous. Industrial vibes. Half way through becomes more jangly.
8. Loopy eastern sounds and a male vox talking about life, happiness and everything.
*9. A jangly piece. More energetic than others.
*10. A sensual oriental (sitar) psychadelic piece.
11. A psychadelic piece. Airy male voice and added acoustic percussion.
*12. A fast backbone of looping congos with cool funky grooves on top.
13. A slower beat, with something that sounds like an electric violin improvising on top. The drums get to be pretty nice towards the end.
**14. Horns. Sounds of a crowd. Gypsy/mid-eastern grooves, Great drums.
15. A collage of people talking and more.