|Deletist, the / Deletist, the|
|Add Date:||2003-09-15|| ||Pull Date:||2003-11-17|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep|
GREAT!!! Member of the SF art collective Entartete Kunst, the Deletist is a one woman project featuring dark, very well-orchestrated electronic gems often over political lyrics. At times, songs are beat driven, catchy and aggressive, like Crack WAR. At other times, the use of organ arpeggios and Bach textures for epic-effect reminds me of Orbital. Moody, gloomy, but a lot of fun to listen to.|
1, 2, 11, 13, 5, 3.
1. chanting about war lust over dark, fuzzed out organ melody & beat
2. nice melodic bassline w/ atmospheric keyboard patterns a la orbital
3. sustained keyboard harmonies w/ synth xylophone motifs, cheesy at first but quite nice when hi-hat rhythms and voice come in
4. starts w/ keyboard arpeggios, gets thicker, synth cello melody.
5. light midtempo beat, great interludes of strings. tense, dark, epic.
6. beat driven, dancy, deep synth bowed bass. catchy.
7. FCC, but great chanting voice over confrontational bass line
8. fuzzed-out keys w/ some glitch. dark like a bach organ fantasy.
9. great glitchy beat. whispering voice. hypnotic, repetitive.
10. starts with spacious start-stop beat, soft organ chords. last half sweet and song-like, with a beautiful breathy voice like mum.
11. harpsichord intro, post-punk bassline, the cure’s a forest.
12. deep wahs, squishy sounds, dreamy and dark like #2.
13. starts drony, then becomes relatively upbeat and playful. great!