|Various Artists / All Tomorrow's Parties|
|Album:||All Tomorrow's Parties||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-11-10||Pull Date:||2004-01-12|
|Week Ending:||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
|1.||Tue, 08 Jan 19:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|4.||Thu, 06 Jan 11:||Sunshine|
Morning Glory (Hallelujah!)
|2.||Wed, 16 Mar 11:||Sunshine|
Morning Glory (Waxing Full Moon)
|5.||Wed, 15 Dec 10:||Sunshine|
Getting Over the Hump
|3.||Fri, 21 Jan 11:||Sunshine|
Full Moon Midnight Sun(shine)
|6.||Tue, 06 Jul 10:||tony echo*|
All Tomorrow’s Parties [COLL]|
Some rap/hip hop, some dance/trance, some ambient stuff. All but the raps are instrumentals. Interesting mix of rap, melodic dance, repetitive trance, non-tempo ambient soundscapes, and loud ear-hurting electronic squealing ambient. Some of this stuff’s not my thing, but if it’s yours go ahead and play it.
* FCC! 1. (3:32) Multiple swearings all in the first 10 sec. Angry Public Enemy rap telling politicians to clean up the ghettos. Heavy beats, scratches, acoustic guitar strums and vinyl static. ( I think all the FCCs are in the first 10 seconds except for one subtle “shit list” in the middle.)
* 2. (3:49) another rap; Masters of Illusion; synth and tabla-ish; exotic sounding.
3. (5:43) heavy low dance/trance track; low buzzy notes and high beats/flutters—inst.
* 4. (3:52) mid/downtempo dance, tables, viola, bass, high female “aaaahhs.” Pretty and exotic.
5. (5:46) strident electronic sounds, junky perc, some surprise piano and others. Like sorting through an instrument box—no tempo, more a “noise” track. Dramatic.
6. (5:00) quiet non-tempo garbled beats and glitches, strident electronic sounds
7. (4:43) subtle midtempo, loud vinyl static with quiet synthy aaahs with quirky blipping melody thing, later more beats.
8. (6:00) Dr. Dooom, rocking midtempo rap about resisting industry pressure; buzzy and synthy with some funny boing sounds
* 9. (7:58) burbly shimmery midtempo, with spacy beats
1. (5:56) relentless spaced synth string chords with fast rolling beats over and strolling bass under
* 2. (5:47) soft electronic musings, long chords with little melody chunks chiming in. down/midtempo, no real steady beat. Cute.
3. (3:05) steady mid/uptempo hi-pitched beat, low synth bass melody, video-game-esque
4. (5:59) dance/trance, steady club beat, low murmurings and muted techno melody
5. (3:15) ambient high buzzings, muted churchbell sounds, spacy swirls—no tempo
6. (6:30) swirling club beats and breaks, understated spacy soarings and squawks
7. (10:03) solo distorty electric guitar for 10 minutes.
* 8. (7:14) mechanical-sounding synthy beats and clicks, like nifty clockwork; spacy slow synth over; kind of sad
9. (3:49) crickety sounds and strident electronic chaos with periods of near-order.
reviewed by mandy (la chanteuse)