|Touch Acoustra / When It Comes Upon You|
|Album:||When It Comes Upon You||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-11-10||Pull Date:||2004-01-12|
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
|1.||Jul 10, 2004:||Storytime!: Pirates |
Byroneous Funk, The Bay
|4.||Dec 18, 2003:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|2.||Jun 10, 2004:||Storytime! |
|5.||Dec 15, 2003:||Fly By Night |
|3.||Mar 29, 2004:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
|6.||Dec 08, 2003:||Fly By Night |
Cool laidback jazzy, bluesy, indie-rocky. Beachy guitars, some brass, some saxes, some organ. Groovy. Tracks sound fairly different from each other. I like this. All but #10 are instrumental.|
1. (5:11) funky laid-back midtempo groove with beachy guitar, trumpet and tenor sax solos
*2. (6:20) cool downtempo, bass, bell-like guitar, electric-instrument jazz, picks up energy.
*3. (6:42) strutting downtempo bluesy, dirty muted trumpet solo and others.
4. (7:09) slow, electric guitary thinking; picks up a soft chugging tempo, builds
*5. (4:52) fast, samba-y—with subtle zydeco-sound pump organ and noodling guitar
6. (5:59) slow; quiet melding chords, then love-song guitars, becomes a pretty waltz.
7. (6:58) slow no-tempo start, ocean-y; becomes mellow groove w/ sax and brass.
8. (4:49) funkadelic, with some sassy dissonance.
*9. (4:00) fast percussion, emphatic cymbals, with laidback organ and bell-guitar strums. Unusual fast/slow sound.
10. (4:56) laidback groove, slidy guitars, slow wistful cover of “will you still love me tomorrow”; vocals by Norah Jones, with harmonies.
--reviewed by mandy (la chanteuse)
|1.||Big Bird||6.||Tita's Song|
|2.||Touch Acoustra||7.||The Bay|
|3.||Glass Water||8.||Byroneous Funk|
|5.||Ecliptic||10.||Will You Still Love Me Tomor|