|Mink Lungs / I'll Take It|
|Album:||I'll Take It||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Arena Rock Recording Co.|
|Add Date:||2003-10-13||Pull Date:||2003-12-15|
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct|
|1.||Mar 15, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
The Secret Admirer
|4.||Dec 27, 2003:||Radio Free Stanford |
|2.||May 24, 2004:||Fly By Night |
|5.||Dec 08, 2003:||Fly By Night |
|3.||Jan 23, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
The Secret Admirer
|6.||Dec 01, 2003:||Fly By Night |
The Man Downstairs
THIS IS GREAT!!! From Brooklyn, Mink Lungs approaches upbeat noisy psych pop with the same quirky humor as the Flaming Lips. Is every song for this band a caricature? My favorite is the deep deep voice that appear in older Flaming Lips albums. They also have a great female singer who sounds perfect for anyone with a 60s fem voice fetish, which matches well with their Serge Gainsbourg references. Though occasionally they take a wrong turn, for the most part this album is solid, full of catchy noisy quirky pop songs. |
ALL GOOD but I liked: 4, 13, 17, 12, 1, 8.
1. midtempo, upbeat psych pop w/ great deep sleazy voice.
2. strummy guitars, funny falsetto, too pop for me.
3. classic pop rock guitar riff (I-V-IV). decent.
4. cool, fem vox w/ start stop. Very catchy, upbeat, boppy. Great!
5. deep voice a la serge. slow wandering drum machine groove.
6. starts w/ answering machine. upbeat psych pop. os mutantes!!!
7. slow and quiet start. then, upbeat sad male vox over noisy pop.
8. spoken fem vox gossiping. catchy, very sexy sleazy.
9. upbeat noisy psych pop. cool weird transitions.
10. title track. slow distorted groove. funny, irony is subtle?
11. supercatchy upbeat pop. somebody is going to love this song.
12. lazy, melancholic midtempo organ and deep voice. some sitar.
13. very catchy, fem vox, deep vox, pulsing bass+drum sections.
14. starts w/ sad piano, then upbeat oldies r&b feel. really upbeat.
15. loud rockin’ guitars, uptempo playful, great thick noise.
16. sad swing song, like luna
17. deep voice over upbeat noisy guitars. very flaming lips.