|Various Artists / Mali Lolo!|
|Add Date:||2003-07-21||Pull Date:||2003-09-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||21 Sep||7 Sep||24 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul|
|1.||Feb 14, 2019:||Cafe Nakhil |
|4.||Dec 24, 2005:||Blues Marathon - It's a Big Blues World |
|2.||Nov 28, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
|5.||Jul 10, 2004:||Storytime!: Pirates |
|3.||Mar 22, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Nov 04, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
A showcase of Malian superstars, including Ali Farka Toure, Toumani Diabate, Rokia Traore, Oumou Sangare, and others. Great stuff, enhanced with the kind of informative notes you’d expect from a Smithsonian release.|
1. Upbeat w/strong male vocals & nice work from the band.
2. Bluesy guitar, mid-tempo w/powerful female vocals.
*3. Fast percussion/strings/vocals. Nicely energetic.
4. Mid/up-tempo harp/guitar/female vocals.
*5. Male vox/chorus, deep strings, percussion. Mid-tempo.
6. Malian disco funk for female vocals & band.
*7. A relaxed & melodic kora duet w/good interplay.
*8. Wonderful blend of kora/balafon/voices, a great sound.
9. Tuareg folk w/droning male vox/strings. Interesting.
10. Female chorus/claps/drums, a strong folkloric sound.
*11.Guitar/blues harmonica/vocals. Mid/uptempo. Cool.
*12. Guitar/perc/vocals. Mid-tempo, gets into a nice groove.
13. Cool balafon-driven track w/a hypnotic beat & good vocals.
14. Bright mix of vocals/balafon/perc. Strong vocal harmonies.
*15. “Mandinka rap”. Way cool blend of rap w/traditional instr.
16. Strong vocals and a relaxed Malian funk.