These are possibly the greatest 5 songs ever written. Twangy singer-songwriter material that’s pure, simple, beautiful while smart scathing and even somewhat lewd lyrically. Music is trad twang, alt somethingorother, while her voice is as genuine in its delivery as is possible. And have I mentioned that her lyrics don’t beat around any bushes? My god, this stuff fits on Eric K!’s show just as easily as the Big Chief’s. Fucking awesome- the title track, 5, is a reference to her lover’s dick, as sex-positive and beautiful as it can be.
1) death and dating theme, forlorn, swingy
2) upbeat country “my liver needs a lawyer”
3) slow somber ode to failure
4) upbeat waltz about failed marriage, delusion, redemption and love, maybe the greatest love song ever written
5) mid-up waltz ode to her lover’s dick, if this violates FCC/community standards then we are truly doomed as a civilization, race