|Bird, Andrew / Weather Systems|
|Add Date:||2003-08-04|| ||Pull Date:||2003-10-06|| |
|Week Ending:||5 Oct||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug|
Beautiful dramatic folky indie music featuring violins, guitar, organ, whistling and tape loops. Bird’s voice is solid, soaring and enriches the songs. Weather Systems is a good name for the album cause these songs feel like changes in weather. The post-rain, the pre-thunder storm, the heat before a monsoon. Complex songwriting and composing. This album is bound to become one of my favorites. |
(((1))) Whistling starts off this track with rapidly played violin. It sets the mood for an acoustic based folk song with male vox and fem backup vox. Real nice.
(((2))) Richly picked guitar strings, heavy bass, dramatic vocals, and dissonant electric guitar combine for a slightly uncomfortable sound.
3) Soft pop song. Picked guitar, drums, violin and male vox. Pretty.
((4)) Picked guitar strings, violin, male vox.
5) Guitar picking, two violins, one low notes, the other high pretty notes. Nice interplay between the instruments. All instrumental.
((6)) Up tempo song with acoustic guitar, whistling, drums, electric guitar. All instrumental.
7) Violins, picked guitar set the slow dramatic mood for Bird’s dramatic voice. Very pretty. Ends with whistling.
8) Slow, soft song. Guitar chords, slow violin, fem and male vox sing. Drums, xylophone come in as speed increases.
9) Slow song with violin, guitar, drums and xylophone. Nice instrumental piece.