|Chauveau, Sylvain / Un Autre Decembre|
|Album:||Un Autre Decembre||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-11-10||Pull Date:||2004-01-12|
|Week Ending:||11 Jan||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
|1.||Aug 09, 2004:||Cleanup on Aisle You |
Du Reve Dans Le Yeux
|4.||Mar 25, 2004:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|2.||Aug 08, 2004:||15 Miles til Sunday |
|5.||Jan 22, 2004:||15 Miles til Sunday - Special Guest Night |
Il Fait Nuit Noire a Berlin
|3.||May 29, 2004:||15 Miles til Sunday - Camus Reads Caligula (act 1) |
|6.||Jan 08, 2004:||Love on a Mix Tape |
Alors La Lumiere Vacille
Quiet slow bittersweet muted old-fashioned piano music with vinyl hiss; some tracks just of baby electronic glitches and pops. Slow free-tempo piano meditations in minor key, mostly a single melody line with occasional harmony notes—we’re talking sparse. Sounds like an antique recording, and/or the soundtrack to a really sad documentary or washed-out black and white film. Some silent gaps. The whole thing is super super quiet and everything is really subtle—not for car listening. (To me it sounds kind of like the kind of music you make when you sit and improvise with the sustain pedal down, as a little kid—every note is holy and any little harmony sounds amazing to you. Which is not to say it’s not pretty.)|
1. (3:28) first 0:30 sounds just like blank vinyl—in other words, nothing. Slow sad.
2. (1:16) a little more emphatic with short declarative chords.
3. (1:38) loud crackly vinyl then silent till about 0:28; then quiet quiet synth chords with tiny tiny electronic blips on top.
4. (3:56) another slow piano track, sparse halting melody—really loud vinyl sounds, some tiny electronic scratches
* 5. (1:07) a higher key, sounds like the intro to a sad Broadway ballad. Ends early.
6. (0:56) interlude of low pulsing electronic sound over clicky tapping—like a lo-fi dot-matrix printer, some scratches and ambient
7. (2:12) another slow but steady melody with a throughline; some background night/crowd sounds.
8. (2:00) electronic-sounding glitchy pops and scratches and steady minor-key melody, bells
9. (1:35) end-of-record sound and little electro glitches and pops—dat’s it.
10. (2:24) piano tune
11. (1:26) another little track of glitches and pops.
* 12. (1:30) solo accordion! Meditation. And kind of approaching happy-sounding at times! Ends early.
--reviewed by mandy (la chanteuse)