|Artist:||Monsieur Mo Rio||Added:||Jul 2003|
|Add Date:||2004-01-19||Pull Date:||2004-03-22|
|Week Ending:||Mar 28||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 29||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8||Feb 1|
|1.||Aug 03, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff
|4.||Jan 23, 2007:||Storytime
C'est En Vain
|2.||Aug 18, 2009:||That's Not "That's Not Bluegrass!"
|5.||Aug 10, 2006:||Storytime!
C'est En Vain
|3.||Jun 03, 2008:||Sub for Cafe Bohemian!
Les Filles De Mon Village 2
|6.||Sep 20, 2005:||Storytime!--non-trad Fairy Tales
Retro French pop, with a whimsical 70s orchestral sound—flutes, strings, brass, glockenspiel, with happy Beatles eccentricity. Mostly male vocals, with some ooohhs and aahhs and choral harmonies. Some of it sounds like 70’s children’s music, unabashedly pretty and happy. This CD makes me SOOO happy. All the tracks sound different and I like them ALL.
1. (2:19) starts with a fanfare; then exuberant march, with childlike singing/lyrics. Trumpet, flute, plucky banjo, xylophone. Fades into next track.
2. (4:20) transitions into a sitar-infused tune reminiscent of Norwegian Wood but happier
*3. (2:13) breezy upbeat 5/4 tune, with smooth vocal harmonies and “ba da ba da”s
4. (1:57) groovy bouncing tune, with oooo’s and guitars, tambourines, and gospel organ
*5. (2:26) upbeat, rolling merrily along with soaring strings and choral harmonies and some banjo
*6. (1:51) children’s song-esque, bouncing, strong beat, xylophones, some sitar with pauses for harmony
7. (3:05) strolling, intricate acoustic guitar, simple folksy vocals and flute solos, some electric twangy guitar interludes
8. (2:09) very 60s French—upbeat boom-chick, boom-chick tempo, full horn-heavy orchestrations
9. (3:34) called “de l’ivresse,” On Drunkenness, slower, swaying, slightly out of tune, slightly sentimental waltz tempo dance band
*10. (1:34) acoustic guitar and (clarinets?) folksy tune with simple structure and melody
11. (2:11) fast and energetic, like a zydeco video game soundtrack with some screws loose. Wacky sounds, echoing vocals, sirens
12. (2:34) midtempo, poppy, with gospel organ and wow-wow guitars—kinda funky
13. (2:35) cool midtempo carefree romp through the green hills, flute and clarinet and vibes, “da ba dum”s
14. (1:34) andante orchestral instr. Vibes, xylophones, lovely flute solos, oodles of strings. A lovely end.
--reviewed by mandy (la chanteuse)
|1.||Peut-Etre Comme Ca||8.||Bonne Chance|
|2.||Chez Mademoisel.S.D.||9.||De L'ivresse|
|3.||C'est En Vain||10.||Les Filles De Mon Village 2|
|4.||Le Bestiaire||11.||Chacun Vs. L'autre|
|5.||Une Hirondelle||12.||Douze Petits Chats|
|6.||Il Y a Cette Fille||13.||Toutcamefaitfou|
|7.||Mll. Joyeux Et Moi||14.||Le Froid Champ|