|Entombed / Inferno|
|Add Date:||2003-10-06||Pull Date:||2003-12-08||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct|
|1.||Oct 04, 2008:||Bloodstains Across Atherton |
|4.||Nov 06, 2003:||The Human Condition - Under Immense Pressure |
|2.||Jul 08, 2004:||Les Chevaux de Frise |
|5.||Oct 30, 2003:||The Human Condition |
Children of the Underworld
|3.||Nov 27, 2003:||The Human Condition |
|6.||Oct 25, 2003:||Between The N ine Warpaths |
Entombed – Inferno (Koch Records)|
Death metal. Crunchy, down-tuned guitars, buzzy bass, thundering, groove-laden drums, vocals that seem like pretty generic, almost mainstream rock with some cool reverb/echo effect. Neat keyboards add very nice atmospherics, very sparingly used. Nowhere near as brutal as they were in their heyday, the songs are a lot more midtempo, with a very “rawk” feel to them. As odd as this sounds, it’s like a mix of latter-day Grave with Motorhead. It also throws in some odd guitar sounds during some verses that make it seem like it’s trying to keep up with the times. For the most part this works really well, but I get the feeling they’re still trying to iron out any wrinkles in their sound/direction. By the way, Metallica said that St. Anger was going to sound like this CD, and they were kinda right. It’s a very raw, stripped down effort. It still beats the shit out of the Metallica disk, though.
1) Nice song with the drums and the headbanging and the creepy guitar.
3) Possibly the best song on here. Fast guitar riffs and enraged vocals. This is also where the Metallica comparisons are most readily apparent.
4) Slow, doomy, with creepy vocals and interesting melodies.
5) A joke, obviously, and perhaps taken too far. Not that great a song, either.
6) More Satanism in the lyrics, and it’s all tongue-very-firmly-in-cheek. Has a little bit of a Danzig vibe to it, I dig very much.
7) Piano intermission, pretty unmemorable.
8) Another fast one, a little bit of a throwback to their early days, it chugs along just fine.
9) Another dirge, but this is one is far too weak.
10) Very raw, stripped down, and downright evil guitar sound to this one. Also, a lot more in the “death ‘n’ roll” vein.
11) More evil and downtuned than ever, thus better than ever. The lyrics are a riot, too, but FCCs.
12) Another slow song, it eventually picks up and brings on the thrashification!
13) Scorching guitar, very raw, very emotional and bare and just really good. Definitely play this. Ends with about 20 seconds of noise.
|2.||The Fix Is in||8.||Young & Dead|
|3.||Incinerator||9.||Descent Into Inferno|
|4.||Children of the Underworld||10.||Public Burning|
|5.||That's When I Became a Satan||11.||Flexing Muscles|
|6.||Nobodaddy||12.||Skeleton of Steel|
|13.||Night for Day|