|Facedowninshit / Shit Bloody Shit|
|Album:||Shit Bloody Shit||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Crimes Against Humanity|
|Add Date:||2003-10-27||Pull Date:||2003-12-29||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Dec 14||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 9||Nov 2|
|1.||Jan 17, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|4.||Dec 11, 2003:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Aug 24, 2006:||Cognitive Overload |
|5.||Nov 30, 2003:||Oh Messy Life |
|3.||Apr 11, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|6.||Nov 26, 2003:||Brownian Motion |
Awesome melodic hardcore with lots of diversity, sometimes epic songs with touches of metal and crust. They are from Portland and take nods from Neurosis and His Hero Is Gone. The diversity on this record is what really makes it stand out. Some grind, some crust, some hardcore, some stoner rock, and some melodic, sad, doom. At the time of its release this was also a discography CD. |
**1. How many hardcore records start out with a 8 minute track? Start quiet, melodic and sad. Reminds me a lot of Neurosis and has violin like old Neurosis. There is even a place in the middle of the track that reminds me of old Metallica. An awesome track.
**2. Faster, busy, great hardcore
3. Short and older sounding.
4. Pummeling, medium paced, and doom-y.
6. Ominous beginning into slow stoner rock/doom sound. Does speed up later in the track.
7. Starts out with nice bass and reminds me of Black Sabbath. Doesn’t really go anywhere.
**8. Fast, melodic hardcore. Goes through a couple of changes.
**9. Almost chugging guitar riffs into fast melodic almost emo sounding guitars. I really like this track.
10. Noise and clanking into lofi hardcore.
11. Another lofi track that sounds a bit like track 9.
12. A different version of track 8 but lofi. Is this life? The guitar is still cool but it’s hard to hear much else.
13. Lofi version of track 4.
14. Starts with feedback and a doomy sound. The beginning reminds me a bit of Eye Hate God. Changes into a nice metal-ish chug halfway through.
15. Another longer track. Doom-y and pummeling.
Great stuff. -mph
|1.||Cinders||8.||Born in Fucking Chains|
|3.||Bleeding in the Street||10.||With Seeds|
|4.||Rigid Limbs||11.||Stepping Away|
|5.||Distant Cries||12.||Born in Fucking Chains|
|6.||Spent Corpse||13.||Rigid Limbs|
|7.||Broken Hands||14.||Into the Woods|