|Hem / Rabbit Songs|
|Add Date:||2003-09-29||Pull Date:||2003-12-01|
|Week Ending:||16 Nov||9 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct|
|1.||Feb 03, 2011:||BBW Radio: $$$ for Cows |
When I Was Drinking
|4.||Jan 30, 2007:||Storytime: Secrets |
|2.||Aug 25, 2009:||That's Not That's Not Bluegrass! |
|5.||Aug 30, 2006:||Not Storytime |
|3.||Mar 20, 2007:||Storytime! |
Leave Me Here
|6.||May 06, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
Lovely orchestral folk sprinkled with rural/colonial country. Blurs the lines between “violin” and “fiddle.” Sweet breathy female vocals. Lots of piano, violin, cello, banjo, mandolin, other fun stuff. Simple but well-turned lyrics. Because of the different instrumentations, tracks sound different from each other. Sometimes twangy country songs; the instrumentals are all very filmic. I said “Oooooo” within ten seconds of starting the CD, and I kept saying it throughout. Play all of them, cause they’re so beautiful.
1. (0:26) Lovely a cappella sultry loungy lyric. (traditional)
2. (3:44) Piano, violin, pedal steel guitar; slow bittersweet country starry tipsy stumble
* 3. (3:23) Quick quiet waltz with piano, cello, clarinet, glockenspiel; a moonlight night
4. (1:13) instrumental orchestral track, flute, piano, oboe featured.
5. (2;44) ambling strummy guitars, very folky with some stealthy steel guitar
* 6. (3:50) quick but hushed, piano heavy, with occasional violin and oboe. Fast piano waltz, slow vocals over. Like watching a river.
7. (3:24) heavy on the steel guitar with violin backdrop, cheerful sunny quick stroll
8. (3:44) pianos, pizzicato strings, confident midtempo stride. Violin solo.
9. (3:24) Breezy and summery acoustic guitar-y groove, with steel guitar.
10. (2:26) slow; piano and voice, fiddle. Very simple tune, almost like a traditional country dance.
* 11. (3:00) very slow, quiet low piano, flute, longing slow voice. French horn!
12. (1:12) reeely pretty slow bittersweet smile, piano (instrumental)
* 13. (3:47) midtempo plucky walk, twangy, unexpected pizzicato strings
* 14. (2:57) chugging minor-key bluegrassy; version of a traditional folk tune.
15. (2:41) slow sad free-tempo piano with violin backup (instrumental)
16. (3:34) muted midtempo waltz, light vocal harmonies
--Reviewed by mandy (La Chanteuse)
|1.||Lord Blow the Moon Out Pleas||9.||Stupid Mouth Shut|
|2.||When I Was Drinking||10.||Lazy Eye|
|4.||Burying Song||12.||Polly's Dress|
|5.||Betting on Trains||13.||Night Like a River|
|6.||Leave Me Here||14.||The Cuckoo|
|7.||All that I'm Good for||15.||Waltz|