|Flook / Rubai|
|Add Date:||2003-12-08||Pull Date:||2004-02-09||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||8 Feb||1 Feb||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan||21 Dec||14 Dec|
|1.||Jan 18, 2012:||Everyday Commotion |
|4.||Jan 26, 2006:||The Curious Eye |
Ballybrolly Jigs, Pod
|2.||May 12, 2009:||Everyday Commotion |
|5.||Feb 03, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Apr 26, 2009:||Everynight Commotion |
|6.||Jan 27, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Contemporary Celtic instrumentals w/lots of energy & sharp arrangements. This is Flook’s 2nd album, and it demonstrates their skill as performers. Mostly uptempo interplays of whistle, flute, bodhran & guitar. Although only 9 tracks listed on back, there are actually 14 on the CD as songs are broken up into separate sets. Many lead seamlessly into the next track. |
*1. Fast & crisp w/good work from all 4 members. Goes right into #2...play them together.
3. Very well played set of 3 jigs.
*4. Catchy arrangement of 3 dances.
5. Nostalgic & elegant folk song, really lovely.
6. Only .46 long, leads into track #7.
*7. A fast, fast dance w/great interplays of flute/whistle/guitar.
*8. Trombone and a sweet, happy, dance can go right into #9.
9. Kind of repetitive, but a sound nonetheless.
10. Downtempo, pretty, sad. Can lead into #11.
11. Relaxed & sweet w/a melancholy air.
12. Strings like a Greek folk melody. Into #13.
13. Uptempo, gets almost jazzy. Nicely played.
14. Strong set of three reels.