From 1981. Burkina Faso (formerly Upper Volta) is about the size of Colorado and has 60 different languages, according to the notes, which also provide interesting info on the instruments, the tracks, the country, and the musicians. This CD features lots of percussions, high-pitched flutes, and mostly fast traditional songs for dancing. I believe tracks 4 & 5 should be switched according to the notes. Good stuff.
*1. Upbeat, pulsing wedding dance for xylophones & drum.
2. Fast. A “musical bow,” and rattles on a dancer’s legs. Cool.
*3. Drums like a mouth harp & flute like a whistle. Fast.
4. Squeaky flutes, fast drums, lively energy.
5. Midtempo call/response chants.
*6. Great whining vocals, upbeat lute/percussion.
*7. Fast. High voice/response, percussion, claps. Very nice.
8. Slower w/a sense of elegance. Drums, xylophone.
9. Trilling vocals, rattles, a gourd-clarinet. A fast funeral dance.