|Braxton, Tyondai / History that Has no Effect|
|Album:||History that Has no Effect||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-10-27||Pull Date:||2003-12-29|
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov|
|1.||Sun, 08 Nov 15:||Adam and DJ Away|
Sunsets of White Noise
|4.||Thu, 19 Jan 06:||Ben Wolfson|
Rock in a Position
|2.||Thu, 22 Apr 10:||Adam|
Icecaps of White Noise
|5.||Mon, 20 Jun 05:||stirling|
|3.||Sat, 27 Jun 09:||Edwin and Edwin|
lady gaga hour
|6.||Fri, 04 Mar 05:||Riina|
THIS IS REALLY GREAT!!! From Connecticut, Tyondai Braxton brings us an excellent and varied set of weird, twangy, computer/synth and guitar-driven experiments. But don’t dismiss this as dabbling naive experimentation – he has a fine sense of texture, timing, and pop. At times, the approach is that of a soundscape, with the focus on slowly evolving textures. At other times, pop influence comes in, and he sounds like an avantgarde follower of My Bloody Valentine. Fucking great!!! |
4, 7, 8, 1, 2.
1. dark. twangy sustained sound evolves to a great harmonic texture.
2. repeated buzzy oboe-like sample. dark distorted beat comes in.
3. decent glitchy sounds with a fading rolling bass drum beat
4. mysterious arpeg guitars. rocks out, strange sounds. post-MBV?
5. abstract, wandering, improvised feel. guitar ran through synth.
6. cool weird sounds, like bells being bent.
7. beat, very cool, strange. is this what MBV would have led to?
8. slow arching. minimal, beautiful but with angst. sustained cymbals, synth harmonies, sax blips, drony bitter voice midway. great!
9. human beatbox w/ vox. becomes reminiscent of late 80s pop?
|1.||Great Mass||5.||Search Party 2AM|
|2.||Haunt the Ghosts Who Haunt||6.||Search Party 5AM|
|3.||Light Pitch Black, I'm Gonna||7.||The Violent Light Through|
|4.||Raise Yr Arms & Cross Them||8.||Struck Everywhere|
|9.||Hold Onto Distance|