|Forte, Nick / Pasted Lakes|
|Label:||Schematic Music Company|
|Add Date:||2004-01-26||Pull Date:||2004-03-29||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||29 Feb||22 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb|
|1.||Sep 06, 2004:||The Longest Short Song Marathon |
|4.||Feb 04, 2004:||Stirling's Approximation |
|2.||Feb 23, 2004:||The Digital/Analog War |
|5.||Feb 04, 2004:||The Dumbarton Auroras |
|3.||Feb 18, 2004:||Dumbarton Auroras |
|6.||Feb 02, 2004:||The Digital/Analog War |
Not particularly melodic collection of down-tempo electronic noise music. Think Four Tet with a diminished sense of loveliness. But there are some interesting tracks on here. I personally feel like it would be best used as background for a mic break, but 15, 12, and 6 are particularly good.
1. Tuneless sort of electronic track. Mid-tempo.
2. A little more ambient in feel. Cool fluttery noises in the beginning
3. Static-y sound over humming. No beat.
4. Low bass drum beat over mechanical, beepy pulses
5. Fluttery bleeps, steady beat. Lots of beeps and chaos over it.
6. * Nice shuffling beat with sort of melodic bass and keyboard. Disintegrates and loses structure, but still remains rather nice and listenable.
7. Scratchy and crunchy noises. Sort of spacey sounding. Sounds a lot like the title (Swallowing Gell)
8. Quiet humming sound punctuated with scratches and melodic flourishes.
9. Slow track, but pretty cool. Keyboard organ with some scratchy flourishes.
10. Low-feedback noise, more scratchiness with sharp, steel bleeps in the background.
11. There's a beat to this one! Scratchiness and low sound underneath, somewhere between a train-whistle and a continuously strummed guitar.
12.* Space-age sort of beat with low keyboard melody over it. Quieter. Very ambient, but almost melodic.
13. Scratchy, almost like a quieter Lightning Bolt-esque in its bleepy unmelodicness.
14. Sounds like distorted bass drum. Crescendo of humms and fluttery, sped up snare sound.
15.* Low-humming, some dreamy ambient tones in the background. Scratchy flourishes.
|1.||Green Language||8.||Crack and Crevice|
|2.||Drumming in Circles||9.||Fragged|
|3.||Cram Corridor||10.||Kill Your Carpet|
|4.||Sugar Lemoned||11.||Blender Dance|
|5.||Did You Feel That?||12.||Forgotten Music|
|6.||Thistle Rue||13.||Avenge Me|
|7.||Swallowing Gel||14.||Wolf Cry|