|Various Artists / Rough Guide Arabia (Oxfam)|
|Album:||Rough Guide Arabia (Oxfam)||Collection:||World|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2003-12-16||Pull Date:||2004-02-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 Feb||4 Jan||21 Dec|
|1.||Mar 21, 2019:||Cafe Nakhil |
We Daret El Ayam, Mali Ha Mali, Ya Rayah
|4.||Nov 25, 2004:||Sun in Libra, Moon in Pisces |
We Daret El Ayam
|2.||Nov 05, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Bitzid Min 'adhabi
|5.||Jan 30, 2004:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|3.||Nov 27, 2010:||Rough Guides |
|6.||Jan 29, 2004:||whatever |
A good introduction to the variety of music coming from the Arab world, with special attention paid to the oud. It’s a nice selection of sounds and styles and could make fans out of those who’ve never been exposed to Arabic music.|
*1. Sweet, too short. A nice mid-tempo folk song.
2. Transglobal techno groove w/Atlas’s orgasmic vocals.
3. Interesting electro-gnawa w/male vocals.
*4. Very cool uptempo violin/oud/percussion jam.
5. Layers of percussion, female vocals, strings. Mid-tempo.
6. “The Boy George of Rai.” The techno buzz is distracting.
*7. Uptempo strings/perc/flute. Great oud playing, almost jazzy
8. Vocals/oud/perc. Nicely melodic..
*9. A catchy, mid-tempo blend of oud/vocals/perc.
10. A brassy, bouncy, band & male vox/chorus.
*11. Oud played Flamenco style. Unusual.
12. Female vocals, live audience sound. Just OK.