|Great Redneck Hope, the / 'splosion|
|Artist:||Great Redneck Hope, the||Added:||Sep 2003|
|Label:||Thinker Thought Records|
|Add Date:||2003-12-16||Pull Date:||2004-02-17|
|Week Ending:||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 18||Jan 11||Dec 21|
|1.||Dec 06, 2005:||Eclectica |
They Say the People Elect Th
|4.||Feb 03, 2004:||Eclectica |
Hey Goth Girl, Isn't It a Li
|2.||Nov 09, 2004:||Eclectica |
I Don't Lift Weigths to Impr
|5.||Feb 03, 2004:||MMMMeeeet mmmmaaaaNNN wisssle pbpbpunchiinnnng SEXXX qontest |
Girl, Are You Down with Bact
|3.||Jun 01, 2004:||Eclectica |
I'm Pretty Sure I Got My Cat
|6.||Jan 27, 2004:||Eclectica |
A Rhetorical Question: What, Hey Goth Girl, Isn't It a Li
FUCKING ROCK! From Illinois, the Great Redneck Hope play spazzy hardcore with screaming metal vocals. Occasionally, they let you groove by introducing an almost mathy emo riff, but generally changes come every few seconds, since the songs are just barely over 1 minute long. With the same intensity as Lightning Bolt, The Locust, or Pink and Brown, they fucking kick your ass from one side of the room through the wall into your bathtub hitting your head against the tile and leaving you thinking, “Cool. Do that again.” I particularly like the inside cover art of appliance wires plugged into your eyes. 9, 3, 1, 6, 8.|
1. noisy at first, insane tempo, w/ screaming death vocals.
2. changes a lot, fast then mid groove. last ½ is piano+vox sample
3. great riff, w/ great vocal interplay. nice slow section.
4. fast midtempo groove, you can rock your head to this one.
5. quiet filtered sounds at first, then breaks out.
6. energetic bouncy beat. then spaz. ends w/ sample.
7. 0:22 long. just one spaz, the rest sample.
8. strangely mathy emo, w/ spaz interspersed. different than others.
9. catchy and crunchy grooves at several tempos. lot of lead guitar.