|Pele / Elephant|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2004-01-05||Pull Date:||2004-03-08|
|Week Ending:||29 Feb||22 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan|
|1.||Apr 01, 2017:||satin fever |
|4.||Jan 30, 2004:||I once was canadian |
A Scuttled Bender in a Water
|2.||Feb 24, 2004:||meat man whistle punching sex contest |
|5.||Jan 27, 2004:||Meat Man Whistle Punching Sex Contest |
|3.||Feb 21, 2004:||Morning Glory |
|6.||Jan 19, 2004:||The Digital/Analog War |
Linear Clocks and Daughters
Pele "Elephant" - This is some nice noodling, angular, progy, mathy, guitar rock. It's generally pretty light feeling and heavy on the noodling/rambling factor. Drums are quite nice and very intricate. Guitars range from nice simple lines to crazy complicated rhythms. Almost all songs change beat/tempo at least 2 or more times and they definitely like their syncopation. All songs are instrumentals. This album is actually a reissue (was originally released in 1999 I think, maybe their first album) and has a few live bonus tracks at the end (live track recorded in Japan in 2002). None of the songs really blew me away, but none of them are outright bad. This would be great soundbed music, or if you like quiet noodling guitar you should check this out.|
My Picks: 7, 10
Katie P. 11/6/03
1) Fast midtempo beat. Starts with hits of guitar and rambling drums and then finally comes in with a solid melody. Intricate and varied drumming. Nice pretty guitar lines.
2) Uptempo and light. Cool groovy bass line with piano hits. Guitar comes rambling in as well. Slows at points. This is almost jazzy at times.
3) Starts with a quiet guitar line. The band all hits in abruptly and then pulls back. Solid midtempo. Slowly builds up to a louder more angular part of the song and then goes back to the smoother melody.
4) Repetitive guitar line that is way complicated and all over goes into something a little simpler. Solid midtempo beat. Some guitar noodling when it quiets down.
5) Slower midtempo. Meandering guitar and is that a banjo I hear? Very laid back and quiet. By the end it picks up speed and energy.
6) Slow and rambling guitars to start. Eventually pulls together for a nice laid back midtempo beat. Slowly fades out.
7) Slower midtempo that almost seems to have "orchestration" in the background (perhaps keyboards). Kind of sounds like a marimba or something like that might be in here too.
8) Fades in with clapping and cymbals. Weird spacey sounds fade in and out throughout song. Alternates between loud and quiet.
9) A little noisier and louder than others. Solid midtempo with a cool syncopated rhythm.
10) Fades in with clapping. Complicated and fast fingering on both bass and guitar. Drums are quiet but intricate. Cool rhythm with an uptempo beat.
|1.||Gymnastics (Pam)||6.||Little Hunts|
|2.||Pickled Pear||7.||Linear Clocks and Daughters|
|3.||A Scuttled Bender in a Water||8.||Safe Dolphin|
|5.||Nighttime Stomach||10.||Visit Pumpy|