|Anna Oxygen / All Your Faded Things|
|Album:||All Your Faded Things||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Cold Crush Records|
|Add Date:||2003-11-03||Pull Date:||2004-01-05|
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov|
|1.||Wed, 26 Feb 14:||Emma.|
|4.||Tue, 20 Jan 04:||Punky|
Love on a Mix Tape
|2.||Sun, 30 Aug 09:||Daphne|
3 in the morning
|5.||Wed, 31 Dec 03:||Your Imaginary Friend|
Brownian Motion "best of" 2003 tripe
|3.||Wed, 28 Jan 04:||johnn|
sad and dangerous
|6.||Wed, 24 Dec 03:||stirling|
JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS PURE GUILTY PLEASURE!!! Seriously, good from start to finish, Anna Oxygen is from Olympia, Washington, and plays new wave with a quirky twist similar to her previous project the Space Ballerinas. Think Siouxsie Sioux vocals over Erasure pop 80s disco beats. So heartfelt, her melodies are endlessly catchy and the beats range from raunchy to raunchy. To add to the catchy element, there is usually a chorus of female voices to support her. Play with Essential Logic, Adult, Crack WAR. All good but if I have to pick: |
8, 10, 4, 5, 2, 1.
1. midtempo cheesy lead but great. really catchy chorus of vocals
2. uptempo dark beat with 80s diva vocals. so good, so guilty.
3. distorted vox over swirling noisy synth, hihat heavy drum machine.
4. very pop, such a fucking good groove at the end!!!
5. raunchy bass line over mellow midtempo groove.
6. mellow groove with poppy melody, catchy repeated chorus
7. upbeat funky groove with a bit of glam
8. spoken female vox a la adult then poppy catchy. great!
9. great beat, with diva vocals over chanting spoken chorus
10. repeated rhythmic back over nostalgic feeling disco. so good!
11. slow dark beat, a sad song, not really.
12. noisy guitar riff over drum machine. the noisiest song here.
13. slow raunchy bass line, mysterious piano and eerie voices
14. upbeat with harmonized vocals w/ cool synth burp sounds.
|2.||Red Horse Cafe||9.||Nerve Angels Two|
|3.||Psychedelic Dance Party||10.||Primary Colors|
|4.||Aviva||11.||Painted Yellow Crown|
|5.||Scientist||12.||Man on the Screen|
|6.||Mine All Mine||13.||Nerve Angels Three|
|7.||Loose to the Tight||14.||Ponytails|