|Add Date:||2004-07-05||Pull Date:||2004-09-06|
|Week Ending:||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Jul 25||Jul 18||Jul 11|
|1.||Sep 22, 2007:||Bloodstains Across Atherton - Lookin' out a dirty window
|4.||Aug 11, 2004:||press and release
Small Flightless Birds
|2.||Aug 19, 2004:||Hello Kitten
|5.||Aug 05, 2004:||Hello Kitten
|3.||Aug 12, 2004:||Hello Kitten
Small Flightless Birds
|6.||Jul 22, 2004:||Hello Kitten
=> 1. Slow. Begins with quiet morse-code & vinyl noise & backward vox. Then sparse guitar & keyboards, then BANG: full band comes in, heavy and understated but powerful, intense but opiated, sounding a bit like Campag Velocet. Me like. Ends with 38 secs of vinyl noise & strangeness, then abruptly goes silent.
=> 2. Mid-slow. Druggy, harmony vox and minimal instrumentation. Creepy and multilayered. You could dance to it if you were underwater and sufficiently zombified.
3. Mid-tempo. Symphonic, bombastic rock instrumental... vocals come in at 5 minutes. "Goodbye world, I'm leaving you today." Ends with feedback guitar. Cuts off suddenly.
4. FCC: shit & fuck. Mid-tempo. Lilting and odd with monotonous, loud, bell-like keyboards and mechanical drums.
5. Many tempo changes. Funky noise pop. Megaphone vocals: "Ladies and gentlement step right up, it's fun!" Dark, some weird monster-like vocals. In spots like Rage Against The Machine or The Beatles' "I Am The Walrus." Ends abruptly.
6. FCC: fucking, fucked-up. Starts with quiet electronics. Denser bits reminiscent of Pink Floyd or David Bowie. Dense, symphonic outsider rock. Fades out and then there's ~40 seconds of very quiet sampled speech & music, then annoying click.
7. Mid-tempo, quiet, Pink-Floyd-like — falsetto vocals and sleepily strummed acoustic guitar. Stays quiet, and fades softly away but ends with a bit of acoustic noise.
8. Slow and noisy. Starts with a couple of secs of high-hat, then fuzz guitar and drums. Spoken vocals tell a weird story. Guitar stops and then track ends with several seconds of sythetic bird calls and keys.
=> 9. Mid-tempo. Novelty, gravelly, monotone spoken vox. "You can make me feel!" Very heavy bass. and retro electronic drums. Cool. Ends with quiet keyboards and a splash of noise.
10. Mid-tempo. Nice, loud percussion. Line dance, anyone? Mostly instrumental, semi-tribal, with splashes of caterwauling. Ends by instruments dropping out one by one.
11. Mid-tempo instrumental, also sort of tribal. Simplistic electronic percussion. Extra-heavy low bass. Various themes but no melody. Ends with solo keyboards.
|1.||Small Flightless Birds||6.||Couch Cushion Fortress|
|2.||Soft White Noise||7.||Supper|
|4.||Ray of Sunshine||9.||The 808|