|Zeitlyn, Mirah Yomtov/Ginger / Songs From the Black Mountain|
|Album:||Songs From the Black Mountain||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Zeitlyn, Mirah Yomtov/Ginger||Added:||09/2003|
|Label:||K K Records|
|Add Date:||2004-01-26||Pull Date:||2004-03-29|
|Week Ending:||21 Mar||14 Mar||7 Mar||29 Feb||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb|
|1.||Sep 06, 2004:||The Longest Short Song Marathon |
:57, :22,:26,:31,:32,:37, :05,:08,:21
|4.||Mar 10, 2004:||In the Leaves |
|2.||May 27, 2004:||Warmth on a Vinyl Record |
While We Have the Sun
|5.||Mar 05, 2004:||Juan 2-3- Show |
Rock of Ages, Oh! September
|3.||Mar 18, 2004:||One More Spin |
The Red Curtain
|6.||Mar 02, 2004:||"We don't understand your puny human emotions" with special robot guest DJ Sabri |
While We Have the Sun
Songs for the Black Mountain Music Project|
Mirah Yomtov Zeitlyn/Ginger Brooks Takahashi
Mirah Yomtov Zeitlyn, the pixie-voiced K-records darling, joins Ginger Brooks Takahashi and friends to create this interesting, pretty, atmospheric foray into low-fi, DIY goodness, which is the specialité of K-records. Dont let the number of tracks listed on the back of the CD fool you! There are a lot of short sound-tracks in between. Recommend 1, 11, 13 and 17 in particular.
1.* Pretty guitar track, no vox. Really nice.
2. Bird noises
3. Toy harp strums
4. Sounds like mandolin or balalaika interspersed with some accordion and cello. Sort of Eastern European sounding. Little groovier in the end.
5. Steel drum, stand-up bass. Also sort of Eastern European sounding. Female vos. Nice haunting melody, drums and cello at the end.
6. Stand-up bass and steel drum. Sort of an instrumental continuation of the last track.
7. Tracks played backwards.
8. Banjo and slide guitar, female vox. Sort of hillbilly feel. Fun little track.
9. Toy harp strums.
10. More backward track noises
11.** Low humming and bongo(?) beat with dark melody sung by female. Punctuated with xylophone plinks. Really pretty, almost ambient track.
12. Short, pretty acoustic plucking.
13.*** Pretty acoustic plucking with Mirah's pretty sigh of a voice. Joined by some keyboard organ sounds. Really pretty track. Sweet lyrics.
14. Train whistles
15.* Gospel-esque tune using layered vocal harmonies. Mostly a capella with piano in places.
16. Harmonica(?) Another really short track.
17.** Guitar groove and riff joined by trumpet and some drums. Then doo wops. Intentional throw-back, retro feel. Most commercial-ish track, but really cute. Good songs.
18. Cricket noises
|2.||The Red Curtain||7.||You Were Crying for Love|
|3.||The Knife Thrower||8.||While We Have the Sun|
|4.||The Party||9.||Rock of Ages|
|5.||Life You Love||10.||Oh! September|