|Various Artists / Scotland: Real Music|
|Album:||Scotland: Real Music||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Sep 2003|
|Add Date:||2004-02-09||Pull Date:||2004-04-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 4||Mar 28||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 22||Feb 15|
|1.||Dec 03, 2015:||Melange |
Ruileadh Cailleach Medley, No Gods & Precious Few Heroe
|4.||May 06, 2008:||Peace at the Cafe Bohemian |
Jimmy's Gone to Flanders
|2.||Jan 14, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Jan 10, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jul 06, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Mar 29, 2004:||Fly By Night |
With so much great Scottish music to choose from, it’s hardly surprising that there’s not a bad track in the bunch. Aided by the sort of good notes you’d expect from Smithsonian, this is a strong mix of instrumentals & vocals. It’s all good.|
1. Fun, fast, very well-played reels. .
2. Sweet female vocals. Slow, lovely folk song.
3. Very nice set of traditional tunes. Mid/uptempo.
4. Downtempo folk song in praise of horses. Male vox.
5. Wonderful piping/guitars. Uptempo, energetic, dances.
6. Downtempo and sad song of the immigrants. Nostalgic.
7. Delicate harp, gaelic lyrics, female vox. Lovely.
8. Midtempo song of trading fishing for oil. Catchy.
9. Solo guitar taking the part of pipe & fiddle. Low-key, nice.
10. Very cool female vox singing in Scots, driving & solid.
11. Jazz-influenced fem vox. A Burns anti-slavery song.
12. Strong, angry folk/rock denunciation of Scottish myths.
13. One slow, one fast song. Both w/great piano/fiddle/guitar.
14. Warm male vox in a sad, subtle anti-war song.
15. Great vocal harmonies in call-response work songs.
16. Mid-tempo contemporary folk about changing Scotland.
17. Tragically beautiful slow air.
18. Hamlet in 3 minutes! A capella male voice. It’s great!
19. Furious, energetic set of dances w/seriously good fiddles.
20. Sweet female vox in a soft, pretty love song to Scotland.