|Atom Smashers / Drop the Bomb|
|Album:||Drop the Bomb||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Rip Off Records|
|Add Date:||2003-11-17||Pull Date:||2004-01-19||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov|
|1.||Feb 08, 2011:||Aural Surgery |
|4.||Nov 29, 2003:||On The Warpath |
|2.||Dec 17, 2003:||Brownian Motion |
|5.||Nov 26, 2003:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Dec 13, 2003:||On The Warpath |
Drop the Bomb
|6.||Nov 22, 2003:||On The Warpath |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
"Oi-Oi". Punk made in CA. From the same local label that has given KZSU (or should I say Arthur Groom; god i've missed Aug's reviews?!?) favorites such as the Registrators and the Reds, this Atom Splashers CD is nothing but chord-based BALLS-OUT PUNK RAWK. Something along the lines of punk bands such as the Problematics and the Tramps. This is kind like going 120 mph on 101 without really giving too much shit about it, but also being in complete control. Overall, pretty straightforward and so much to the point... that I have caught myself feeling bored half-way through this CD. If you're looking for something LOUD and BALLS-OUT to play, look no further. But once you've heard one tune, you've heard them all.|
Try: 10, 6, 8, 5,
1. Slashy. Fast. Oi-Oi!!!
2. Drop the bomb! Militantly fast.
3. Menacing chord-based groove. Overpowering guitar leads.
4. Catchy rock'n'roll chord choices
5. More bass, please. Catchy r'n'r-er.
6. Distorted vocals. Bad relatioship tune: "I don't care anymore". Mucho-man attitude.
7. Angry and fast.
8. Guitars are like rolling punches. Have mercy!
9. Slumbering and slurry. Don't drink and drive!
10. An attempt to loose control. Booooouuuu-aaaaH!
11. Small touches of syncopation, angularity and dissonance.
12. Minor vocal projection into a Minor Threat territory.
13. Ok... this is really hard-core F-A-S-T!!! Sounds a bit different.
|2.||Drop the Bomb||8.||Atomic Wipeout|
|3.||Doctor Death||9.||Seven By Nine|
|4.||Hit the Gas||10.||Lost Control|
|5.||Get that Woofing Dog Off Me||11.||Rockstar|
|6.||Get Out that Door||12.||I Want It|