|Bardo Pond / On the Ellipse|
|Album:||On the Ellipse||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-10-13||Pull Date:||2003-12-15|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 25 Apr 13:||Andy S|
|4.||Thu, 24 Apr 08:||Gears|
|2.||Tue, 07 Jul 09:||dj noname|
Hipster Garbage (Vicodin Music Hour)
|5.||Sat, 15 Jul 06:||Kristle|
What's in the Icebox?
|3.||Sat, 19 Jul 08:||Ragnar of Ravensfjord|
Bloodstains Across Atherton - Yeah, I Gotta Do That, Too!
|6.||Tue, 04 Jul 06:||The Bawd Of Euphony|
lick my moody guitar show
Just great! I don't usually go for post-rock, but I love Bardo Pond. At Post-Rock High School, if Sigur Ros are the student council, Tortoise are the AP class, and God Speed You Black Emperor! are the goths, then Bardo Pond are the burn-outs smoking up behind the bleachers. Most songs are long, dreamy, draggy tempoed with the acoustic instruments (guitar, vocals) being buried by and resurfacing from a wash of distorted electric guitar (often mostly feedback) and treated flute. The interplay between instruments is just amazing and the textures of the songs are unlike anything else. Also, it sounds as if the acoustic guitarist and the flutist have some classical training.|
1. 7:27, slow, acoustic guitar and disjointed yet urgent female vocals under electronic guitar distortion washes which become more intense towards end.
2. 9:00, begins with slight acoustic guitar and female vocals, warbly electric guitar, treated flute enters playing medieval sounding melody
3. 6:45 instrumental, acoustic guitar, effected (delayed) flute, distorted guita enters at around -2:50, drones
4. 9:51 starts with distorted guitar, moany echoey vocals, guitars become more ragged, amazing interplay between instruments. At -1:00, noise fades to a droning cello(?)
5. 7:12 mostly acoustic. classical-flavored, closely micced guitar, echoey, hard to identify noises in background (a bowed guitar?), disembodied vocals
6. 12:56 laid-back, yet unnerving, minor acoustic guitar, female vocals, spare percussion until -9:00 when electric guitar joins in and they postrock out, vocals sound like a distress call
|2.||Every Man||5.||Walking Clouds|
|3.||Dom's Lament||6.||Night of Frogs|