|Stay at Home Bomb / Demo|
|Artist:||Stay at Home Bomb||Added:||09/2003|
|Add Date:||2004-08-30||Pull Date:||2004-10-31|
|Week Ending:||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep|
|1.||Apr 18, 2009:||Music Casserole |
Missed Your Mark
|4.||Oct 06, 2004:||press and release |
Missed Your Mark
|2.||Oct 13, 2004:||The Dog and Pony Show |
|5.||Oct 02, 2004:||music that doesn't hurt dogs and ponies |
Beg Borrow & Steal
|3.||Oct 06, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
Phat & Sassy
|6.||Sep 30, 2004:||music that doesn't hurt |
Feminist surf-punk-tinged raw guitar rock. Female vocals (sometimes strident, but that works with the lyrical content) plus harmony. Juxtaposes the cerebral with the visceral, reminding me of Washington, DC’s Cry Baby Cry -- but feminist. Also reminds me of early Clash. SAHB is a sort of East LA Hispanic feminist all-female supergroup. Front woman calls herself Mothra Stewart... she’s aka Alice Bag (born Alicia Armendariz) who was in The Bags, Las Tres, and in Cholita! with Vaginal Davis. Musical artist/actress/producer/label chief Lysa Flores is also in the band. Mid-fast unless noted. These are demo versions but all very good. I couldn’t detect any FCCs. Start with 4, 5, 8. Especially 8.|
1. High-energy comeback against sexist entertainment. “You missed your mark this time!” Starts very surfy. becomes call & response chick punk.
2. Minor-key high-energy ballad. “No sad songs for this Amazon!” Sounds a lot like Cry Baby Cry (the band).
3. A couple of tentative drum hits, then they run with it. “History doesn’t represent us!”
==> 4. Mid-tempo, very ’80s. Guitar rock radio-ready ballad. Retro-cool. More dynamic than most songs here. “She’s become a plastic girl.” The longest song here at 3:00.
==> 5. Early-era-Clash-like guitars. High-energy country rock noise ballad. Great vocal harmonies.
6. Mid-tempo. ’60s-ish love song with prominent vocals.
7. Starts with bass. “I’m a stranger in my home.” Cool shambolic picked guitar bridge.
==> 8. Mid-tempo. Starts with spoken word “Back in my young and fragile days, when their opinion mattered...." Electric blues feel. “You’re phat. Get over it. Go, go with it!”
|1.||Missed Your Mark||5.||Beg Borrow & Steal|
|2.||Amazon||6.||One of a Kind|
|4.||Plastic Girl||8.||Phat & Sassy|