|Mofos / Supercharged on Alcohol|
|Album:||Supercharged on Alcohol||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-12-08||Pull Date:||2004-02-09|
|Week Ending:||1 Feb||25 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec|
|1.||May 30, 2008:||6 feet under |
|4.||May 26, 2006:||The National Congress Of Vaselines |
Satan-A-Go Go, Untermeyer Park
|2.||Aug 04, 2006:||What's In the Icebox |
|5.||Aug 12, 2004:||Lethal Booster Injection (Old School) |
|3.||Jun 02, 2006:||The National Congress Of Vaselines |
|6.||Jan 26, 2004:||Dollar Bin |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Fuck yeah! Sinister bad ass vintage-sounding SURF RAWK. All instrumental. Burst Phil Dirt's (KFJC) surf bubble and cool; play this! Garage revival is probably one inch away from surf-revival, so be hip before it becomes hip enough to be uncool. But was there really ever a surf "'vival" to have a revival? Don't think so. But this is cool shit and seeing a CD like this charting in the Top 10 would be awesome. Great CD for microphone breaks, but some tracks rock hard enough to hold their own among rocking tracks with vox (eg. Von Bondies). Power to guitar-based instrumental music. Always been a big fan. Play this damn thing! Dope shit!|
Play 3, 7, 2, 8, 10, 11, 6,
1. Dissonant and sinister. Slow tempo.
2. Apocalyptic and mean. Nice tambourine. Mid tempo.
3. This makes me wanna SCREAM and DANCE in FRENZY. Awesome-awesome guitar chops!
4. Delicate surf leads amidst a frenetically fast and slashy guitar tempo.
5. Heavy bass. Thick guitar. Think car-chase scene.
6. Catchy surf 60s guitar melodies.
7. Got this middle eastern bouzouki dance flavor to it... like Misirlou and most '60s surf pieces.
8. Heavy Fender bass. Lots of fuzz and distortion. Sounds like a tornado of fuzz.
9. Classic '60s surf feel. Very vintage-sounding. Melancholic and pretty.
10. The bass line is like total 60s dance meets belly dancing music. Epic, fun guitar lines and breaks! Ideal for mic break.
11. Catchy guitar melody.
12. Again, think car-chase scenes bridged with slow tempo laid-back breaks.
13. Surf rawk. Dark, heavy, fast. Sinister.
14. Smoky indie-riff for intro. Slow, sparse and noisy. Dissonant.