|Awesome Cool Dudes / Awesome Cool Dudes|
|Album:||Awesome Cool Dudes||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Awesome Cool Dudes||Added:||09/2003|
|Add Date:||2004-11-08||Pull Date:||2005-01-10|
|Week Ending:||12 Dec||28 Nov||21 Nov||14 Nov|
|1.||Tue, 07 Dec 04:||Mor|
All This and Mor: Going Down Under
|4.||Wed, 17 Nov 04:||Mr. Sparkle|
Mr. Sparkle Challenge
|2.||Thu, 25 Nov 04:||Riina & Murray|
Fiction Romance - Thanksgiving Marathon
|5.||Wed, 10 Nov 04:||Red West|
|3.||Mon, 22 Nov 04:||Murray|
|6.||Thu, 02 Sep 04:||Katy & Murray|
Neo-psychedelic weirdo pop/turntablism. Male vocals, often bizarre or demented. Highly varied. Many songs follow a pinball-like trajectory across multiple genres. A young quartet that met at Indiana University and now based in Austin. Start with 3, 4, 8, 10. FCC: 2, 7.|
1. Mid-tempo. Neo-psych folk rock with cheesy drum machine.
2. FCC: “Shitty.” Mid-tempo. A pathetically/humorously poignant ballad with synthetic instrumentation and scratchy samples in the background. After a minute looses percussion and becomes instrumental and quiet for three minutes, then gets raucous before end.
==> 3. Mid-tempo. Begins with sampled intro (from ’50s?). Then ’30s-ish/telephone-like vocals in call and response, plus all-percussion/scratched instrumentation. Now this is getting strange.
==> 4. Mid-tempo, noisy. Demented, all-over-the-map song... reminds me of recent music by Krakatoa and Rapider Than Horsepower. Slow fade.
5. Mid-fast. Starts with percussion loop. Bouncy, sing-song vocals. Middle gets rather experimental with flashes of world music, turntablism, and electronic noise. Fades into next song.
6. Mid-tempo, trippy. “In the beginning...” spoken word adult/child vox. Metamorphoses into ridiculously happy lord’s prayer sendup, then more samples. Ends with a strangely normal guitar strum.
7. FCC: “Fuck,” “fuckin’.” Mid-tempo. Starts with percussion. Harmony sing-song vocals. “I’m searching for you mamacita!” Demented, dynamic, latin-tinged hip-hop/pop.
==> 8. Mid-tempo, dreamy. Multiple fake endings. Starts with voice and cheesy synth. Becomes a noisy, opiated pop song. Then some perky harmonica? Yup. Watch out for the multiple fake endings.
9. Mid-tempo. Synthetic strings & acoustic guitar, sleepy vox. A drugged-out love ballad. Warning: track marker is in the wrong place. You may want to face before the percussion that starts the next song.
==> 10. Mid-tempo. Demented fake country that slips into electric psychedelic blues. Then it gets weird. Several secs of silence at end.
11. Mid-tempo hip-hop, awesome-cool-dude style. Suggestion: play with MC Lars.
12. Mid-tempo. Trip-salsa. A tasty, low-caffeine genre-blend! Laid-back and pretty.
13. Mid-tempo. Nearly normal folk rock. But there are well-placed dog barks.
14. Mid-fast. FCC: “shitting.” Moo’s (as in cows), then a jaunty little acoustic blues-rock number with flashes of insanity.
15. Various tempos. FCC: “shit,” “fuck.” Long track, about 18 minutes. Someone left a tape recorder running at a party, or something. Mostly ambient. Keeps changing, remains interesting. Ends with several seconds of silence.
|1.||Redealt||8.||Choke on Your String|
|2.||Soma||9.||All Women Are Evil|
|3.||Lovely Thing||10.||Jammin Blues|
|5.||Birth of Poopy Fart||12.||Mind Away|
|6.||Our Father||13.||Shit Machine|
|7.||Solito||14.||Bart in Jail|
|15.||Name and Occupation|