|Various Artists / Lost in Translation|
|Album:||Lost in Translation||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Sep 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-10-13||Pull Date:||2003-12-15|
|Week Ending:||Dec 14||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26||Oct 19|
|1.||May 23, 2023:||Alien Hour |
|4.||Jan 26, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
Are You Awake?
|2.||Feb 13, 2019:||The Fuzz Deli |
Just Like Honey
|5.||Jun 18, 2015:||A Visit from Shytown |
Just Like Honey
|3.||May 05, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|6.||Oct 29, 2014:||Brownian Motion |
Lost In Translation (soundtrack) - Beautiful!! This soundtrack was put together by Brian Reitzell (of Redd Kross) along with lots of input from Kevin Shields (guitarist from My Bloody Valentine). Shoegazers get ready cause this album is for you! Lush, shimmery, velvety, dreamy, and delicious. Even the short little interludes are beautiful. You'll hear plenty of organ and keyboards, distorted guitars and guitars that sound like bells, drum machines and shimmery cymbal hits, and sometimes soft pretty vocals. Every track (except #7) was excellent. And look for the Bill Murray karaoke hit hidden at the end. Highly recommended. So play it already!!|
My Picks: 3, 5, 10, 11, 14, 15
Katie P. 10/2/03
1) Random street sounds/music/video games, etc. Welcome to Tokyo.
2) Midtempo guitar strumming. Dreamy and soft vocals. Simple and pretty.
3) Slower acoustic guitar strumming with keyboards. Becomes more full and orchestral. Beautifully lush. Instrumental.
4) Cute little interlude of quiet keyboards. Instrumental.
5) Very spacey and lush. Slow and dreamy. Builds with distorted guitar and drums along with layered "ah-ah" vocals. This is really great. Finally hits its climax with about 40 sec. left and falls off sharply.
6) Fades in with shimmery guitar and droning keyboards. Stays with the same dreamy velvety feel all the way through. Instrumental.
7) Faster midtempo. This is pop. I don't really like this song. It sounds like a late 80's pop song specifically made for a movie. It's the "fun" song.
8) Acoustic guitar. Simple japanese folky pop from the 70s. This is kinda cute. Nice organ in there too.
9) A cute pop interlude. Dreamy keyboards along with drum machine beats. Solid midtempo. Fades out. Instrumental.
10) Dreamy soft keyboards and bell-like guitar. Beautiful! Instrumental.
11) Fuzzed out guitar at a nice midtempo. Dreamy and delicious. Soft velvety vocals. How I love MBV!
12) Slowly fades in with shimmery blips. Adds some guitars but still quiet. Piano comes in with some vocal percussion. There are builds and lulls. Fades out with ocean sounds. Instrumental.
13) Fades in with droning. Keyboards come in shortly followed by drum machine/electronic beats. Small build that falls off quickly. Overall has a pretty dreary feel. Some Japanese talking in the background. Aside from background talk it's an instrumental.
14) Faster midtempo with bell-like keyboards. Wow, this is great. The sound just surrounds you. Instrumental.
15) Starts with pounding drums. Plodding midtempo. Distorted guitars. Feels like it's all in slow motion. Vocals are mellow. Ends with 9:40 left. Then you have silence until about 1:38 left. Finally the secret track of Bill Murray doing karaoke of Bryan Ferry's "More Than This." This is great!!!