Wow! Holy shit! My new favorite band! The promo sticker actually has it right this time: female vocs that shamelessly soar prettily a la Debby Harry, garagey beats as dirty as anything The Lolls or Cramps ever do/did, with a roots flare here and there like the Gun Club perfected so perfectly, and yeah, a “ghostly pop” sense like the best of Paula Frazer/Tarnation in one of her best/worst morose suicidal-in-the-back-of-the-tour-van moods. This CD is AWESOME!!
1) wow, cool girl pop-indie rock w/ great choral hook/melody, no ass kissing
2) tom tom beat, darker w/ soaring voc melodies a la Lydia Lunch, cool as shit
3) waltzy, dark ballady
4) a Lolls type beat, but sweeter voc melodies
5) reverby echoey minor tones almost smother the fact that this is really an upbeat 2/4 cowpunk song…huh?!
6) backwards vocs, dark spooky organ- is this all of the sudden a goth satan worshipping synth band?
7) dirty psyche garage rock feel, Deep Purple organ meets Shotgun Wedding Lydia Lunch
8) spooky minor over/under 2/4 beat
9) upbeat rockin
10) upbeat rock, softer around the edges
11) nice big guit production, slower- I can see the Tarnation ref now
12) upbeat cowpunky
13) driving garage rock feel, cool
14) folk song, old woman+acoustic guit