|Gossip, the / Undead in Nyc|
|Album:||Undead in Nyc||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-01-12||Pull Date:||2004-03-15|
|Week Ending:||7 Mar||29 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 28 Nov 09:||Eme O|
|4.||Tue, 23 Nov 04:||Neepa|
|2.||Fri, 26 May 06:||Natalie|
The Top Shelf (with friends)
|5.||Tue, 02 Mar 04:||Neepa|
|3.||Thu, 19 May 05:||Margot|
|6.||Fri, 27 Feb 04:||Riina|
FUCK YEAH!!! Originally from Arkansas and now stationed in Olympia, WA, the Gossip play upbeat catchy trashy bluesy punk with a soulful grrrl singer who could easily diva duel with Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill or Corin Tucker of Sleater-Kinney. This is a pretty noisy live recording, so turn to their albums for something cleaner. Of emphasis here is how dancy and how fun their shows must be, as well as an authentic appreciation for noisy rock. 3, 4, 5, 7|
1. FCC at beginning. dirty midtempo bluesy rock. really catchy riff.
2. takes a sec to get to the song. Uptempo intense & catchy as shit.
3. dancy ridiculously catchy swing, there’s no way you can not bob your head to this song.
4. midtempo bouncy riff, catchy head boppin’, clearly a fun show
5. intense relentless vocals, fuzzy guitars, great middle section break.
6. bluesy uptempo rolling swing
7. midtempo groove, w/ great dancy persistent percussive rhythm
8. midtempo hard swing, bluesy guitar riffs
9. blues diva vocals and rockabilly guitar riff
10. really loud thick detuned noisy relentless, chorus of screams
|1.||Got All this Waiting||6.||Arkansas Heat|
|2.||Non Non Non||7.||Confess|
|3.||Dont Make Waves||8.||Gone Tomorrow|
|4.||Rules for Love||9.||Dangerr|
|5.||Aint It Th Truth||10.||I Wann Be Your Dog|