|Malefaction / Where there Is Power there Is|
|Album:||Where there Is Power there Is||Collection:||General|
|Label:||G7 Welcoming Committee|
|Add Date:||2004-02-02||Pull Date:||2004-04-05||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Mar 21||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 29||Feb 15||Feb 8|
|1.||Nov 03, 2010:||public noize racket |
|4.||Mar 04, 2004:||Dolce! |
Another World Is Possible
|2.||Mar 17, 2004:||Being Johnn... |
|5.||Mar 02, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||Mar 09, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
A Cold Ward for a Cold World
|6.||Feb 26, 2004:||Dolce! |
Intense metalcore with melodic hardcore leanings. Fast, intense, but with some melodic guitars. Extreme political and social lyrics. A good number of songs beginning with samples and you can understand some of the screaming. While this is very heavy and fast music, there are very few metal influences and it’s nowhere near as heavy as the artwork makes it look. From Winnipeg, Canada. |
**1. Short, fast, intense, with borderline grindcore sound.
2. Straight forward fast, hardcore. Slight crust sound.
3. Choppy guitars.
**4. Begins with a great sample. “Everything You People Believe is Bullshit”. Fast, chaotic, with lots of changes.
**5. The album has not let up for one second yet. This track actually has a slower, heavy, choppy breakdown.
**6. More melodic and slower pace with some nice bass. I love the hardcore usage of octaves on the guitar.
7. Choppy guitar and sample to begin. Stays slower with the heavy choppy guitar most of the way.
**8. Wonderful fast metal-ish riff/metalcore riff into a chaotic noisy sound. The opening riff reminds me a bit of Lamb of God. Damn this track is intense.
9. Short and fast.
10. This track begins relentless but then takes a nice and surprising melodic turn.
**11. Not a lot different from the rest except this one actually has a mosh part.
12. By now you’ve got the idea of what this disc sounds like. Heavier guitar on this track.
**13. Fast with swirling guitar riff with quick gallop thrown in.
14. Tight and long with some blast beats. Track fades out with 2 minutes left. 15. Odd sounding, almost old-school-joke-hardcore sound but still political. More of a punk sound.
A great metalcore record! -mph