|Krisiun / Works of Carnage|
|Album:||Works of Carnage||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-11-03||Pull Date:||2004-01-05||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||23 Nov||9 Nov|
|1.||Apr 14, 2005:||One Fraction of Time |
|4.||Nov 20, 2003:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||May 25, 2004:||Lick My Metal Guitar Show |
In League with Satan
|5.||Nov 20, 2003:||The Human Condition |
|3.||Nov 27, 2003:||The Human Condition |
|6.||Nov 06, 2003:||Baptism of Solitude |
Krisiun – Works of Carnage (Century Media)|
Death metal, pure and simple, and kicking much ass. This isn’t something we haven’t heard before, and it’s not done in a spectacular way, but for what it is, it’s damn enjoyable. It’s just good death metal, very technical, very hard to the ears, and juicy. Lots of staccato riffs, lots of insane drums, lots of mosh-worthy breakdowns, lots of squealing, Slayer-like solos, gruff vocals, loud instruments, insane drumming and guitars. In all, these guys are clearly masters of their respective instruments, and thankfully the production is much better than on their last one, so it shows. Highly recommended for all.
1) Starts out creepy and quiet with odd samples, and then there’s some blast beats and some guitar squeals and a cool riff and then double bass goes nonstop for the rest of the song.
2) Staccato drumming and riffing, with more squeals on the guitar, and then a little bit of a mosh part. Which is to say, a huge mosh part, followed by a solo.
3) Short, trippy in its use of layered guitars, and just astounding in its ferocity.
4) Probably the highlight of the album, it all comes together here. The Slayer-esque solos, the changing tempos, the kickass drumming/riffing, the good vocals, all of it.
5) Ummm, a little bit of a letdown after the last track, but still good.
6) Damn! Check out those drums and the interplay between drums and bass and guitars, very cool.
7) Holy shit! Just a little more than a minute long, and that’s plenty since this is just a glorified drum solo. But, Christ, he has like, 10 arms or something, puts on a full drum clinic. Cool.
8) Wow, this gets better as it gets along. A killer, killer riff, and the stop-on-a-dime chemistry that only brothers can have, that’s why this song is great. Also, the guitar part here is just damn near legendary.
9) One of the longer songs here, and as such it might be a bit painful to the uninitiated. For the rest of us, it’s kick ass!
10) Starts a little mellow, remains mellow, and is just one long guitar solo instrumental.
11) Fuckin’ A! Classic VENOM song, awesome cover, worth everything before it, worth so much more ‘cause it’s so funny!
12) Outro, pointless, ignore.
|1.||Thorns of Heaven||7.||War Ritual|
|3.||Ethereal World||9.||Sentinel of the Fallen Earth|
|4.||Works of Carnage||10.||Shadows|
|5.||Salughtering Void||11.||In League with Satan|