|Dosh / Dosh|
|Add Date:||2003-11-03||Pull Date:||2004-01-05|
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov|
|1.||Mar 17, 2012:||Feral Pop Frenzy |
Steve the Cat
|4.||Jul 24, 2011:||rshsrejhdt |
My Favorite Color's Red, India India
|2.||Nov 08, 2011:||madame psychosis |
Steve the Cat
|5.||Jul 22, 2010:||Value Machine |
You Can't Make Me Cry
|3.||Oct 11, 2011:||madame psychosis |
If I Could Sing, Chuck, Jane
|6.||Dec 18, 2009:||Alma & Papa Mahler |
Water Turn Off Notice
Dosh is another experimental anticon producer. Dosh stands out because his drum beats aren’t electric (he’s a drummer) and his use of synths aren’t airy without substance. He uses samples (of people talking etc) but they are in the background. He also has some guitar and he uses lots of effects. The overall feel is something fun but accessible at the same time. His producing has a much more indie rock feel than a hip hop feel. |
1) Mellow song almost Tortoise like with good drumming and swirling effects.
((2)) Soft keyboard melody is contrasted with a deep strong beat that breaks into a louder keyboard and xylophone melody. This breaks into swirlying notes and high pitched plucking that drones to the end.
3) Layers of fuzzy keyboards, drums, strings and xylophone.
((4)) This has a real nice mellow sunny day feel. Light guitar strumming next to swooning keyboards, shaker and crowd noises. The intensity builds as another distorted guitar is added and the drums get heavier.
5) Slow mellow synths, builds as drums come in and faint vocals. Drums get more rapid, but synth melody stays mellow.
6) Electric beats and vocal sample of someone leaving a message. Keyboard melody and real drums are sampled later. The vocal sample is annoying. The feel of this song is faster.
((7)) Slow strong beat, lingering keyboard notes, then later a light keyboard melody is added on top and different sounds. slow, pretty, layered. Ends noisey.
8) Pretty, melancholy synth melody. Rumbling beats come in giving the song some substance. Midway the song breaks and an organ tune is played.
((9)) Pretty atmospheric synths and piano melody with intermittent drums.
10) Piano melody and light drums and deeper synths with light tinkering.
11) Drums and xylophone.
((12)) Drone, drums and organ. Some vocals. Stops sharply at 4 min. **caution: hidden track.
|1.||Water Turn Off Notice||7.||My Girl's Ex-Car|
|2.||You Can't Make Me Cry||8.||Chuck, Jane|
|3.||Song for Zelbert Moore||9.||Steve the Cat|
|4.||Dj Dj||10.||If I Could Sing|
|5.||India India||11.||Party Tractor|
|6.||My Favorite Color's Red||12.||Forgot Myself|