|Ghoul / Maniaxe|
|Add Date:||2003-11-17||Pull Date:||2004-01-19||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||18 Jan||11 Jan||21 Dec||14 Dec||23 Nov|
|1.||Nov 10, 2010:||public noize racket |
What a Wonderful World
|4.||May 12, 2010:||public noize racket |
Pleasant Screams/ Forbidden
|2.||Sep 29, 2010:||public noize racket |
|5.||Apr 14, 2010:||public noize racket |
|3.||Jun 09, 2010:||public noize racket |
|6.||Oct 28, 2009:||306076 |
Wow! This is a great combination of thrash, death metal, and gore metal. It reminds me of some combination of tight thrash like Carcass’s Heartwork, old Slayer and Obituary. The lyrics are almost funny in that b-movie horror sense. Rumor has it that the band is made up of members of Exhumed and Impaled. There is a bit of an old school death metal sound but it’s still very heavy. The vocals are growled but often understood, so you can sing along with the chorus “His is a Sewer Chewer”. And don’t miss the spoken metal gore story, “Ghoul Hunter” where someone is forced to listen to Anthrax and Megadeth and the full on metal cover of “What a Wonderful World”! |
**1. Horror movie intro into a slow thrash chug like Slayer. Into full on tight thrash.
2. Fast straight ahead Thrash/death metal.
**3. Headbanging fun in a Carcass’s “Heartwork” sort of way but with complete gore lyrics. Including great moshing breakdown with evil laugh.
**4. Wow! Spoken story along to a basic metal chug about a Ghoul Hunter who gets caught by Ghouls and is forced to listen to Anthrax and Megadeth. The Ghouls even sing the chorus, telling our Ghoul Hunter how he’s going to die! Oh of course, there is a metal concert going on at the same time, along with a little comedy from our Ghoul Hunter. I’ll leave the ending for you to discover.
5. A bit of a punk feel but another funny story about making some sort of potion that puts you in a “metal fog” and the chorus of “I am a Numbskull”.
6. Has that splatter sound of old Accused.
7. Old school sounding death metal like Obituary.
8. Fast thrashy track, including robot mechanized vocals for a short bit.
9. Ha, surf horror type song. No metal at all. Rock!
10. A full on death metal cover of “What a Wonderful World”. OK, some death metal band had to cover this someday. I like it. It has sort of a 80s hard metal sound mixed with a punk sound.
I haven’t liked a death metal album this much in years. -mph
|1.||Pleasant Screams/ Forbidden||6.||Boneless, Maniaxe|
|2.||Maggot Hatchery||7.||Mechanized Death|
|4.||Ghoul Hunter||9.||The End?|
|5.||Numbskull||10.||What a Wonderful World|