|Album:||It's the Ones Who've Cracked||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Lewis, Jeffrey||Added:||Nov 2003|
|Label:||Rough Trade Records|
|Add Date:||2003-12-22||Pull Date:||2004-02-23|
|Week Ending:||Jan 4|
|1.||Aug 28, 2008:||Undrinkably Bad Oddities
No Lsd Tonight
|3.||Dec 31, 2003:||In the Leaves
I Saw a Hippie Girl on 8TH
|2.||Jun 05, 2004:||Mor On - The Literate Pop Fan
Don't Let the Record Label
Play this song*
1. Up-tempo – guitar – talking rant – a “Back when I was _ “ – fill in age and give bit of life story. Has a few nice images.
2. *Mid-tempo – guitar – a nice cello. Not cute and smug like most of the others.
3. Up-tempo – About LSD – so I think FCC, but it isn’t a good song anyway.
4. Down-tempo – guitar – about record labels.
5. Up-tempo – guitar – pretty cool guitar riff.
6. Up-tempo – electric guitar/band – FCC – also not a good song anyway.
7. Ballad – mellow guitar and cello again – has whale noises in the background.
8. Up-tempo – quiet fast plucking guitar – lyrics come in super fast succession. Some low-fi harmonies toward the end before breaking into big bad electric guitar band song.
9. Instrumental – noise loops.
10. *Fast - Begins with a sound bit about ghouls invading the U.S.A – ridiculous song – sort of rock-a-billy. Play this if you are looking for a silly quirky low-fi song – sort of like a good bad movie. This could be appreciated on college radio.
11. Up-tempo – guitar - “I still hate deodorant and I still sing songs…It’s gotten to the point I don’t identify with Phish fans anymore.” – a coming of age song in this guy’s world.
12. Fast – rock-a-billy again.
13. * Mid-tempo – guitar – with nice piano – he pays attention to writing a nice hook. This one has a chorus.
|1.||Back When I Was 4||7.||Sea Song|
|3.||No Lsd Tonight||9.||Zaster|
|4.||Don't Let the Record Label||10.||If You Shoot the Head You Ki|
|5.||Gold||11.||I Saw a Hippie Girl on 8TH|
|13.||You Don't Have to Be a Scien|