|31 Knots / It Was High Time to Escape|
|Album:||It Was High Time to Escape||Collection:||General|
|Label:||54 Degrees 40' or Fight!|
|Add Date:||2004-01-05||Pull Date:||2004-03-08|
|Week Ending:||1 Feb||18 Jan||11 Jan|
|1.||Jan 09, 2017:||Everything A to Z week 72 |
The Gospel According to Effi, Darling, I, A Half Life in Two Movements
|4.||Jan 10, 2006:||Rock in a Position |
|2.||Jul 03, 2007:||Alban Stands There |
|5.||Jan 28, 2004:||press and release |
The Which Has no Name
|3.||Jan 18, 2006:||Knifefish Happy Hour |
We Still Have Legs
|6.||Jan 14, 2004:||sad and dangerous |
|Guest DJ Account|
Earnest, passionate, yet minimalist rock with open mic night words that are more stories and poems than song lyrics. It's mostly about the glum vocals and often pizzicato guitar. The album peaks around the middle. Not clean: 2, 4, 7. Try: 6, 7.|
1. Instrumental. Nice guitar noodling.
2. Urgent, pained, almost jazzy at times.
3. An intriguing mix of sweet harmonies, spacey interludes, and angry break-outs.
4. Angry spoken poem peppered with shards of samples.
5. Garage rock epic.
6. Quiet, reflective ballad adorned with piano.
7. Rockin' proggy bits plus a playful, variegated tune, along with the usual sad-face words.
8. Angsty and ponderous.
9. Fun with finger-picking.
10. Jittery sampling gives way to grandiose guitar marching and baleful wailing.
|1.||A Half Life in Two Movements||6.||Without Wine|
|2.||Darling, I||7.||The Which Has no Name|
|3.||The Gospel According to Effi||8.||At Peace|
|4.||No Sound||9.||Played Out for Punchlines|
|5.||We Still Have Legs||10.||Matters From Ashes|