|Album:||Ghosts of the Great Highway||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sun Kil Moon||Added:||Nov 2003|
|Add Date:||2004-02-16||Pull Date:||2004-04-19|
|Week Ending:||Apr 18||Apr 11||Mar 28||Mar 21||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 29||Feb 22|
|1.||Sep 08, 2019:||organic fruit tracks
|4.||Jul 29, 2014:||The Sunset Life
Duk Koo Kim
|2.||Aug 30, 2015:||Morning Textures
|5.||Oct 09, 2013:||post meow
Carry Me Ohio
|3.||Sep 13, 2014:||Music Casserole
|6.||May 02, 2013:||Daydream Disaster
Mark Kozelek (of Red House Painters) has a new band and a new album. This is it. It’s good. Sounds a lot like the RHP. more acoustic stuff, not just guitar, prominent mandolin and strings. Mark’s got a beautiful, unique voice and in a lot of ways it dominates the album. If you liked RHP, you’ll like this. If you like slightly folksy, sort of depressing indie rock, you’ll like this. Otherwise, LISTEN! Some very beautiful work on this album. I’ll probably play tracks 1, 3, 4-5, 6, 9, and 10 on my show.
FCC? couldn’t catch a lot of the lyrics.
1. Beautiful mid-tempo acoustic song. probably my favorite on the album.
2. slow-mid tempo song with annoying chorus harmonies. otherwise nice
3. Distortion! Somewhere between RHP and My Bloody Valentine. slow, long and good.
4. back to acoustic. some strings. good song to sort of float along too.
5. sort of continues from the previous song. falsetto, but in a good way.
6. more of a full-band thing( no rocking out though). strings. I like the ending a lot.
7. distortion! not as cool as 3. catchy hooks at the end
8. long! (14:32). not for the weak of heart. nice mandolin. nice build and expansion
9. instrumental. some reverby mandolin parts over guitar.
10. acoustic, with some drums. fairly slow. pretty typical stuff. more mandolin and strings. same as #3, but acoustic (at least the beginning)
|1.||Glenn Tipton||6.||Gentle Moon|
|2.||Carry Me Ohio||7.||Lily and Parrots|
|3.||Salvador Sanchez||8.||Duk Koo Kim|
|4.||Last Tide||9.||Si Paloma|