|Six Parts Seven / Lost Notes From Forgotten Song|
|Album:||Lost Notes From Forgotten Song||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Six Parts Seven||Added:||12/2003|
|Label:||Suicide Squeeze Records|
|Add Date:||2004-03-08||Pull Date:||2004-05-10|
|Week Ending:||2 May||25 Apr||18 Apr||11 Apr||4 Apr||28 Mar||21 Mar||14 Mar|
|1.||Jan 22, 2008:||I once was Canadian |
|4.||May 19, 2005:||One Tall Canadian/ One Short American (maybe) |
|2.||Oct 17, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|5.||Mar 10, 2005:||I once was Canadian |
|3.||Sep 08, 2005:||I once was Canadian |
|6.||Jan 11, 2005:||All This and Mor: Best Singles of 2004 |
Now Like Photographs
Six Parts Seven "Lost Notes From Forgotten Songs" - Some really nice indie rock/shoegazer/pretty pop music that also has some singer-songwriter tendencies. This album was recorded by Six Parts Seven and then the music was handed over to people from Modest Mouse, Pedro the Lion, The Black Heart Procession, and more (check the track listing for details). Those people re-mixed the songs or added more vocals or just added their touch to them. What comes out it really nice. Most songs are on the slow side and all are quite beautiful. Highly recommended for anyone looking for some quiet pretty music.|
My Picks: 1, 2, 7, 8
Katie P. 2/24/04
1) Quiet sweet acoustic guitar. Lovely vocals with some nice backups too. Nice midtempo with some handclaps for percussion. So cute!!
2) Fades in with some backwards keyboard sounds. Settles into a slow melody with piano tinkling in the background. Soft and quiet vocals (both male and female). Nice guitar line picks up where keyboard leaves off. Picks up tempo a little. Nice.
3) Starts with guitar and cymbals. Then some talking and the vocals come in singing (male vocals). Slower meandering piano line.
4) Guitar strumming and male vocals. Very singer songwriter sound to it. Slow and pretty. Piano in there along with many guitar layers and vocal layers. Really nice.
5) Fades in slowly with soft male vocals that get layered. Drum machine is added at a slow pace and some piano. Voice is kind of meandering and random. Cool harmonies and vocal layers make this really pretty.
6) Fades in slowly with some shimmery guitar. Slow with some male vocals. Picks up tempo and falls into a nice midtempo indie rock song.
7) Starts very quiet with what sounds like a banjo and quiet male vocals. After a couple minutes the drums come in to a solid midtempo beat. Wow, epic length and really gorgeous. Country style guitars/banjo (or whatever) with some extra orchestration in the background. Fades out slowly.
8) Starts with drum machine/noisy drones and loud female vocal layers. More uptempo than the others although very minimal to the point where it almost has no beat. Cool.
9) Soft guitar hits with some drums that come in. Male vocals on top. Guitars get more electronic sounding (or maybe it's just the keyboards). Oooo, this is nice. Solid midtempo. Creepy lyrics about killing a cheating girlfriend. Fcc: says "fuck."
|1.||Sleeping Diagonally||5.||Seems Like Most Everything|
|2.||On Marriage||6.||Attitudes of Collapse|
|3.||From California to Houston||7.||Now Like Photographs|
|4.||Song of Impossible Things||8.||Cold Things Never Catch Fire|
|9.||A Blueprint of Something Nev|