|Various Artists / Sahara Lounge|
|Label:||Putumayo World Music|
|Add Date:||2004-04-26||Pull Date:||2004-06-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||27 Jun||20 Jun||13 Jun||6 Jun||30 May||23 May||16 May||9 May|
|1.||Thu, 18 Jul 19:||Global Ginga|
|4.||Wed, 08 Feb 17:||Decca|
At the Cafe Bohemian
|2.||Wed, 16 Jan 19:||Xris|
|5.||Tue, 10 Feb 15:||Ramzi Salti|
|3.||Mon, 31 Jul 17:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Tue, 19 Nov 13:||Sunshine|
Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon
Chill-remixed-mideast pop. Yet another Putumayo compilation. This one is all about mid east pop (Egypt, Lebanon, UAE, Algeria,…) remixed with chill-electronica beats. Mellow, subdued, you feel like invading a small country when this thing is over. Most tracks are decent but not very interesting. Take one at a time, if you want to chill. 1,12 are better.|
1. ** Instrumental. Santur lead, trip-hop beats.
2. * Spanish influences, Arab female vocals, nice slow table groove.
3. Heavier drum beat, male vocals.
4. Female vocals, slightly more traditional instrumentation.
5. One of the most over-sampled songs in the history of Arab music. This remix does not do it much good. Male vocals.
6. * Subdued Dub from Lebanon.
7. * Another bass-y track, female vocals, flute bridge, strings.
8. Male vocals.
9. * Trip-hop, Turkish lyrics, Jazzy short guitar solo.
10. Non-standard male vocals, mellow Egyptian pop remixed.
11. * Instrumental. Bass line, electric and acoustic guitar, ambient, very slight “Sahara” touches.
12. ** Mellow funk groove, female French vocals, mix of traditional and less-traditional instrumentation (sax solo).