|Various Artists / War (If It Feels Good|
|Album:||War (If It Feels Good||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jan 2004|
|Label:||Hip Hop Slam|
|Add Date:||2004-01-26||Pull Date:||2004-03-29|
|Week Ending:||Apr 4||Mar 28||Mar 21||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 29||Feb 22||Feb 15|
|1.||Aug 24, 2006:||Cognitive Overload |
War (If It Feels Good, Do It, Nobody Cares (Die for Oil Su
|4.||Jan 24, 2005:||Stirling's Approximation |
Liberate the Children (Live), Dubya (Commander in Chief), Bush Is a Gangsta, It's Up to You (War Mix), Happy Ramadan Osama Bin Ladn
|2.||Jul 26, 2006:||Trip Over Zero |
Emcee Dubya Vs. Guvna Arnold
|5.||Dec 15, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
War (If It Feels Good, Do It
|3.||Aug 15, 2005:||Stirling's Approximation |
It's Up to You (War Mix), Emcee Dubya Vs. Guvna Arnold
|6.||Dec 13, 2004:||Dollar Bin 2004 year end wrap-up |
War Is What the Got
An excellent collection of political cut-and-paste produced music focused on the Iraq war and dubya’s warmongering. The tracks by Cat Five, Iraq Attack DJs, The Desert DJ’s, DJ Killabush and Guerrilla News Network(GNN) are the results of their obsessive taping of dubya each time he comes near a mic. Mr. Lif, Steinski,, Public Enemy and Boots Riley contribute pieces. The DJs of Mass Destruction cut and paste Jello Biafro on track 27. Lots of gems here, pick one and play. |
1) short intro
((2)) Kid koala type turnablism going at Bush’s state of the union address (2003).
((3)) **FCC’s** Mr. Lif enlightens you.
((4)) Dubya vs. Arnie.
5) FCC’s remix of public enemy’s Son of a Bush.
((6)) Happy Ramadan Osama
((7)) Steinski mixes up Bush I and Iraq I. Just as relevant today.
9) Old time fiddling mixed w/ Dubya
10) Liberate the children. Stripped beats with clips from a conversation on Iraq.
((11)) Clips of news broadcasts put together in and eerie collage.
((12)) remix of cat five’s American Military operations.
((13)) nice gently beats with some spoken word, scratching and blues.
14) weapons of mass destruction. Ends with an *FCC*.
15) Malcolm X sample, nice beats and singing.((16)) Fox news vs. the word Biiiiaaatch. Funny.
((17)) ***FCC’s!*** a radio DJ broadcasting when a bomb is coming to destroy US life as we know it. Anti-FCC stuff, anti-war, anti-mainstream. Funny.
18) ***FCC’s*** Boots Riley mouths off.
19) Mellow atmospheric track, tribal feel. ((20)) **FCC** (at very end) Scratched up samples of a new caster talking about Operation Iraqi freedom, and of W saying, “defend freedom, defend peace” with some nice base beats.
21) a couple MC’s singing/rapping about war. ((22)) Good vs. evildoers. Good beats and well sliced together samples.
((23)) Great beats and scratched up samples of W talking of war.
((24)) Cut and paste song made up of field recordings from the San Francisco antiwar protests. Well done. They have captured some of the essence of the protests here.
25) Spoken word poetry about USA’s foreign policy with a background of beatboxing.
26) Cut up spots on the postwar money that is going to US
((27)) Scratched up Jello Biafro spoken word on the Iraq war.
28) Shock & awe.