|Boyskout / School of Etiquette|
|Album:||School of Etiquette||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-04-19||Pull Date:||2004-06-21|
|Week Ending:||13 Jun||6 Jun||30 May||23 May||16 May||9 May||2 May||25 Apr|
|1.||Jun 30, 2010:||Brownian Motion |
|4.||Oct 07, 2008:||Mmmm...Tastes Like Candy |
|2.||Apr 25, 2009:||On The Warpath |
|5.||Jul 19, 2008:||On The Warpath |
|3.||Nov 19, 2008:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Dec 25, 2007:||On The Warpath |
All-girl local (SF) band. Promo notes identify early Cure, Joy Division and Sleater Kinney. Mid-high tempo pop/punk/psychedelic tracks; fuzzy synth sound on many of the songs; usually undemanding, relationship-themed lyrics; Cure-style vocal delivery; lots of tempo changes within tracks. Some tracks will take you in immediately; others are harder to swallow – but always interesting. Favorites: 1, 2 (favorite), 9 (favorite dark track), 12.|
1. Rock it girls! high tempo and catchy (if not repetitive).
2. Best punk/pop track on this album. PLAY IT!
3. Cure-sounding chorus, ever-changing keyboard beat.
5. Slow, heavy synth/”piano” beats, puts the “dark” in “dark pop”.
6. Fuzzy synth sound, mid tempo
7. Very basic bass line leads mid-tempo track to… nowhere?
8. Slow/mid tempo, with a few pedal-to-metal moments; fuzzed synths bridges; psychedelic (and thus longest track on this album, 4:32)
9. Leonard Cohen on acid! Gloomy, guitar and bass, and a great little keyboard bit.
10. Clearer vocals, cool synth/guitar bridge.
11. High tempo guitar-driven track.
12. Fast tempo, repetitive high-energy keyboard riff.
|1.||Jesse James||7.||Sunday Morning|
|4.||Back to Bed||10.||New Black|
|5.||Eye Make Up||11.||Vitamin C|
|6.||Imaginary||12.||Girl on Girl Action|