All-girl local (SF) band. Promo notes identify early Cure, Joy Division and Sleater Kinney. Mid-high tempo pop/punk/psychedelic tracks; fuzzy synth sound on many of the songs; usually undemanding, relationship-themed lyrics; Cure-style vocal delivery; lots of tempo changes within tracks. Some tracks will take you in immediately; others are harder to swallow – but always interesting. Favorites: 1, 2 (favorite), 9 (favorite dark track), 12.
1. Rock it girls! high tempo and catchy (if not repetitive).
2. Best punk/pop track on this album. PLAY IT!
3. Cure-sounding chorus, ever-changing keyboard beat.
5. Slow, heavy synth/”piano” beats, puts the “dark” in “dark pop”.
6. Fuzzy synth sound, mid tempo
7. Very basic bass line leads mid-tempo track to… nowhere?
8. Slow/mid tempo, with a few pedal-to-metal moments; fuzzed synths bridges; psychedelic (and thus longest track on this album, 4:32)
9. Leonard Cohen on acid! Gloomy, guitar and bass, and a great little keyboard bit.
10. Clearer vocals, cool synth/guitar bridge.
11. High tempo guitar-driven track.
12. Fast tempo, repetitive high-energy keyboard riff.