|Markovic, Boban Orkestar / Boban I Marko|
|Album:||Boban I Marko||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Markovic, Boban Orkestar||Added:||02/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-06-14||Pull Date:||2004-08-16||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||15 Aug||8 Aug||1 Aug||25 Jul||18 Jul||11 Jul||4 Jul||27 Jun|
|1.||Nov 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Sep 30, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude at the Circus |
|2.||Jun 22, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|5.||Aug 13, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Mere Yaara Dildara, Biseri Srbije Part 1
|3.||Dec 29, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Mere Yaara Dildara
|6.||Aug 05, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Boban I Marko
Crazy good Balkan brass music in the gypsy folk tradition, but also w/ bits of jazz, middle-eastern and even Latin. The newest band member is Marko, Boban’s 15-year old son who plays nearly as well as his dad. The whole band is incredible and great guest stars add to the mix. A wonderful CD w/every track worth playing. |
1. A lively march that picks up Serbian vocals. Cool.
2. Bright, trilling trumpets/tubas/percussion. Delicious.
3. Stately w/a percussive/brassy mix, sudden stops & drama.
4. Fast perc/horns w/a slightly klezmer-esque feel. Great clarinet.
5. Serbian gypsy funk? Vocals/horns/perc. Very cool.
6. Slow and halting w/a melodic sadness.
7. A big, brassy wall of oom-pah w/a samba flair & energy.
8. A mix of Latin/funk/jazz and college marching band. Wow.
9. Midtempo klezmer w/a catchy bounce & strong harmonies.
10. Starts off fast & keeps going nice counterpoint w/tuba/trumpet.
11. Father & son w/dueling trumpets against percussion.
12. A big fast romp with a fun sound & high energy.
13. Solo trumpet, almost a lament. Lyrical & evocative.
14. A 10-minute epic that builds on #13. Eventually gets fast & bouncy w/sparkling horn work/strings.
|1.||Balkan Fest||8.||Mere Yaara Dildara|
|4.||Mundo Cocek||11.||Boban I Marko|
|5.||Od Srca||12.||Bratski Cocek|
|6.||Povratak U Han||13.||Biseri Srbije Part 1|
|7.||Sanja Samba||14.||Biseri Srbije Part 2|